CBR1100XX.org Forum

Pool Time! Now its Deck Time!! 99% DONE!!8/17/05

JB4XX

After yapping with some folks on here and friends with pools we decided to go ahead and take advantage of some late summer specials and install a pool now.

I ordered the pool kit online a week ago and it will be delivered via Roadway Express this Monday. I plan on abusing a few friends to set up the pool nexxt week and then have the hired help come in, backfill, finish grade and pour a concrete patio across the one side level with the ground. We will then build a deck around the exposed sides to complete it later this fall.

Due to the layout of my property we went with a pool that will be set in to the ground but be out of the ground along one side. Today we began cutting in towards the walkout basement to provide a level area to build it on unsettled soil. Renting a Bobcat for a day was going to be close to 200 bucks, these guys are digging it for me for not much more than that :wink:

normal_DSC01953.JPG

normal_DSC01951.JPG

Anyone have some spare time Aug 5-8??

FREE BEER AND FOOD!!! :wink:

Ok, I hate it when people do this to me (suggest a project when I'm in the middle of a major one)

But with that pool location you need to put a BIG set of double patio doors right out onto the deck that will surround your pool.

Put a nice wet-bar in your basement where you can sit and look out your double patio doors at your pool... NICE!

Ok, I hate it when people do this to me (suggest a project when I'm in the middle of a major one)

But with that pool location you need to put a BIG set of double patio doors right out onto the deck that will surround your pool.

We are planning on bringing steps down from the end of the walk around porch (see the far left upper part of picture) down to where we are pouring patio. That will allow access to kitchen area and my Weber grill on the covered porch.

Put a nice wet-bar in your basement where you can sit and look out your double patio doors at your pool... NICE!

The basement is my winter project is is preplumbed and partially framed. I had a full bath plumbed in and a place to put a wet bar just to the left of the doorway :D

Damn that house looks huge. How many sq ft is that if ya don't mind me asking?

2500 sq feet finished. I will be working on finishing most of the basement with a bath and wetbar this winter, that will be a 1560sq ft party room minus the bath and utility area. I have a shop/storage area above the garage that is 16x26...my little hideaway.

Back to the pool...I just recieved it here at work and it is in the back of my truck outside. A pallets stacked three feet higher than my cab and weighs 1300 lbs. I cant wait to unload and start digging through everything to check it out and make sure its all there. The plan is to do the install over a four day weekend I have planned this weekend. I will post up pics as we go along!

As I left for work, a dumptruck brought in 6.8 tons of sand and my kids are just having a blast!

Time to fill it up!!

normal_DSC02055.JPG

Thanks to Mbarton for the help Sunday. What took 2.5 days could probably be done in maybe a day or so if it wasnt so f---in hot outside and the ground had turned into kiln dried clay!! Several rookie mistakes too :oops: It is filling up now and is at least a foot deep in the three or so hours so far. Now for the deck project...

Who's busy this weekend :twisted: :twisted:

normal_DSC02057.JPG

no problem Josh... but you MIGHT want to move your truck for when the side collapses and it gets washed away!

BTW, how long did it take you guys to get it right? Also, what ended up with the posts not being straight? Were they actually supposed to be at an angle like that?

Mike

Too many rookie mistakes :oops:

Yeah, they were supposed to be like that. The straight sides arent straight, they arch between each one.

I backed the truck next to it to hold it up :P

Thanks for sending your wife down here solo the nexxt night :twisted:

After assembling the pool myself, I wussed out and hired out the deck work. At least this way we can enjoy it quicker. The deck is 10 feet wide down two sides and just four feet wide down the side furthest from the house. By building the deck with rail, I will satisfy building code and won't have to install six foot fencing. I'm looking forward to drinking some cold beer out nexxt to the pool :D

normal_DSC02065.JPG

After assembling the pool myself, I wussed out and hired out the deck work.

Having just finished my own deck all by myself last spring I can say....

WISE CHOICE!

Building a deck is a much bigger project then I anticipated. If I had help, it would have been 10x's easier, but if I ever do a deck again, I'm either going to contract it out, or at least hire a person to help me.

But DUDE, you've got a SWEET set-up going there. I love water... Maybe that's why I love boating so much, but I wish I could sit on my deck at night and just watch the water shimmer. Light reflected off water is awesome.

Even if you aren't actually IN the pool, just sitting out there having a drink would kick ass.

The wife wants to go skinny dippin :D

Somethin about water makes women horny.

Todd, I'll get a yellow one and pose for you big boy :wink:

The wife wants to go skinny dippin :D

Somethin about water makes women horny.

Todd, I'll get a yellow one and pose for you big boy :wink:

Soooooo, now we know why you wanted a pool. :airhump:

What, you don't have a Yellow one already?

I used the same three Menonites that built my house to build the deck and they did a great job! All the boards were treated to a routered edge and go together like a hardwood floor. They built it in two and a half days. These guys are great carpenters and show up at the crack of dawn. When building our house you could hear them singing some hyms during lunch break. Great people that perform high quality work.

I only need to run the GFI receptacles so I can install some lighting and do some landscaping

:P

normal_DSC02076.JPG

normal_DSC02070.JPG

normal_DSC02071.JPG

2 N's in Mennonite. Trust me on this.

Hard to beat Amish/Mennonite crafstmanship and work ethic.

They give GREAT head too. Work is not done till it's all gone :suckmeoff:

Josh, looks great. It'll be perfect for my stop on the way to NeXXt. :twisted:

Dude... That looks PHENOMENAL!!!

So sweet.

I'm looking at the picture, and I'm imagining sitting on your deck with a bottle of bourbon, getting drunk, and doing a cannonball into that blue ass water...

Cool dude!

normal_DSC02076.JPG

I'm looking at the picture, and I'm imagining sitting on your deck with a bottle of bourbon, getting drunk, and doing a cannonball into that blue ass water...

You've already got the deck............ :stickpoke: