CBR1100XX.org Forum

Replacing Window with French door

SLyFoXX

Sorry bro :(  

Go with something manly, like.....

Taupe, or Chantilly, or Gecko Lime :P  :o

Now shit, Lori goes Mauve that is an 80's color, the can says "rouse red", what the fuck is that mauve. Then she begins to ask me if I think it looks mauve to me, of course I don't think so. I told it must be the camera! Might have saved myself from painting the walls now. :lol::lol::lol:

Having sat in your kitchen, while looking at the pool, thinking of you naked, the walls are definitely not mauve. But, rather rouse red. :lol:

If I was at Steve's house... HE's not the one I'd be thinking of naked.

:lol:

Having sat in your kitchen, while looking at the pool, thinking of you naked, the walls are definitely not mauve. But, rather rouse red. :lol:

Thanks Tim

Anyone have any good ideas on some molding to go around the door, we have been to home depot and can not find anything that appeals to us. Looking for something that is supstancial and that can be stained (would like to stain the door and moldings either a dark walnut or a mahagony (sp)) seems all the have that fits our likes are the fiber board that would only take paint.

Anyone have any good ideas on some molding to go around the door

Gosh, that's such a subjective thing.

Maybe buy a foot of the stuff you like in fiber-board and take it to some other places?

Maybe a woodworking shop where they have some specialty trims...

I couldn't find anything I liked in actual trim. I found some stuff call "bookshelf cap" Its oak and it usually used to make the end of a bookshelf. I ended up using that as my trim. I had the perfect little recess to it to cover the edge of the drywall as the door didn't come flush with the drywall.

I went for a more robust molding around my patio door. I didnt like how the traditional molding looked at all. No need to miter, it butts up to the rosettes and plinth block.

DCP_0554.jpg

DCP_0552.jpg

Plinth block

th_DCP_0551.jpg

Rosettes

th_DCP_0550.jpg

These are wood, which I painted.

• 2 months later...

Finally chose the trim out on the new french door, now I guess I will continue into other rooms in the house.

Need now to decide on color of stain or to paint....

normal_P1010008.JPG

Above pic also shows doorway to kitchen, below the lighting sux

normal_P1010007.JPG