CBR1100XX.org Forum

where's the fuel filter?

twodealdrive

I did a search for fuel filter and there's not alot of info to be found. I'm afairly new owner of a 99 Bird. Iwas wondering where the filter is and what are the options for aftermarket replacements. ie, can you get them at Advance or NAPA instead of paying top dollar at Honda for the the same thing? Thanks.

Thanks for the help, I sure enjoy this site, lotta good information and alot of crazy people. :mrgreen: The pictures and commentary from MiXXT, Mega, etc are great entertainment.

Guest rockmeupto125

I've never HAD to replace one. I keep one on hand in case I have a need to remove the pump...then I replace the filter.

I bought one about 3 months ago since I was having a problem with moisture in the fuel causing the engine to miss fire at random.

Never got around to installing it since it is located in the tank. It was cheap like about $9.00 I think so I will replace it the next time the tank comes off.

Hopefully I got all the moisture out of the system now so no hurry to replace it.

Do use OEM if you are going to replace it.

damn mine was 45.00 from the stealler

you got one for 9.00

i am gona go postal on them if they screwed me like that

you got a part number for the one you have john01xx ?

The one I am talking about is the #10 fuel filter, although it has the curved part that is shown as a hose is part of the filter. And the hose is straight. Looks like any everyday filter you could buy for 5.00 at every parts store if it was not for the curved part. The fuel return screen is cleanable, shown as #6.

Ordered the both hose and filter as it is shown in the steelers book as in Ron's but they came in like mine was originally so I left the hose. Was hoping that I could if the hose was curved I could buy a typical filter for less than the factory one. No such luck.