CBR1100XX.org Forum

Front Strap for Drag racing

Rales

I want to put a front strap on the bird for drag racing only. It would be removed when normaly riden. Now my question is I thought it went over the frame right behind the top tripples. I have a brake line running right there. I would think I might damage it if I put a strap over it. I havent looked to hard and I dont have any experience with straps but could I put it under the brake line and be ok. How are you guys that run straps making it work?

Thanks

Mine runs across the top of the frame right behind the triple tree and underneath everything. It took a little work, but it will go in there. It's attached on the "passenger's side" at the top bolt for the brake, and on the "driver's side" I *believe* at the top bolt for the LBS front regulator thingie (it might be on the reflector bolt, can't remember). Regardless, it doesn't make a bit of difference in my ET's so I hardly ever use it. This past weekend I made 2 passes with it and 2 without it, and all 4 passes were within .06 of each other. Of course, when I run the wheelie bars and slick I have to strap the front end, but considering I've only bolted them on the bike twice in 2 years, that strap pretty much just sits there :lol:

Like Furbird said, run them under the lines behind the steering head. I used to have some pics of mine on here run that way, but Photoisland isn't around any more and I didn't keep them at home. Do not attach the left side (driver side in a car) to the caliper because of the secondary master cylinder there. You're rear brake would be applied every time you strap it down. Use the upper reflector mounting bolt or the bolt for the secondary master cylinder pivot. I use the reflector bolt. On the right, mount it on the upper caliper bolt.

I have had one on mine for a couple of years. It does run over the junction box on the right side (above fender, line going to the left side). Up top, to the right and left of the triple, I can not get the strap under the lines without bending them up, so it goes over them. Must not hurt anything as I said, it has been two years.

The trick is to take the side without the cambuckle on it and do all your running with it. You can snake it underneath all the lines and then down the "driver's side" without going over anything. It's tedious, but it will go. BTW, I just checked my bolt locations, and it is on the reflector bolt on the "driver's side".