CBR1100XX.org Forum

NEED HELP WITH A PROBLEM

BIG BOY

This morning i went and washed my bike and then decided to remove my old turn signals and put the new LED signals on that DBLXX gave me.

I removed the tail, the old lights, and soldered everything.

At one time i turned my key on and tried the signals and sometimes they didn't work and all i had to do was switch the wires around and they worked.

So when i'm done with the project, i go to start my bike and the battery is dead. So i throw on the charger, come out a couple of hours later and try to start the bird and i don't hear the fuel pump run, but i have strong lights, etc.

What could the problem be??????

Aaaaahhhh, never mind.

I found the problem, and it WAS a real easy fix.

I don't even know if i should post it, because i feel like a big thick dick!!!

I'll tell you guys anyway, I'll take the harassing that's coming to me.

Evedently when i cleaned my bike i hit the kill switch and forgot to turn the kill switch back on.

you know I was going to be a smart ass and say check the kill switch and then maybe add to check the fuse too, but then I decided to be nice and let it go....... hmmm.... next time beware I will jump on it.

Evedently when i cleaned my bike i hit the kill switch and forgot to turn the kill switch back on.

There are two kinds of motorcyclists. Those who say they've done that, and liars.

dood, dunno 'bout you, but msf taught me that's the way to turn off my bike, 10 years ago :grin:

kill switch, then key off.

am i hurting the bike by using the kill switch to turn off the motor instead of just keying off?

:pointup: That I do also!.... but it's usually AFTER starting the bike and dropping it into a gear with the stand down :???:

I'll tell you guys anyway, I'll take the harassing that's coming to me.

:twak: Wake up!

Too funny. Shit like that happens to me all the time.

Hey, at least you figured it out :wink: .

Here they come :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken:

I like using the kill switch built into the side stand. That way I know it's in gear and the side stand is down.

I use the kick stand as well. That way I know it is down when I get off the bike. :roll:

am i hurting the bike by using the kill switch to turn off the motor instead of just keying off?

Doesn't hurt anything. But if you ride my bike and do that, I'll come bust your kneecaps with a ball peen hammer after I spend 30 minutes checking all my fuses.

Don't worry Don...Im sure someone...somewhere has done somthing even dumber than that. :twisted:

I always use my kill switch to turn the bike off. No real reason other than I just do. I guess a side benefit is that if Carlos or Don ever tries to steal my bike they will eventually give up trying to start it and move on. :twisted: