CBR1100XX.org Forum

My house project

tvking

• 4 weeks later...

Damn Todd that's gonna be shit hot man. Wish I could gut my house and rebuild it like that...maybe when the crumbsnatchers are all gone LOL! So...when's the "it's fucking done so lets party" party?

Damn nice there Sexy.............I love the tray celing.

So when can I cym down and check it out in person. I want to see the master bedroom! :icon_biggrin:

The only part you're gonna see is the sex dungeon. :icon_cool:

So...when's the "it's fucking done so lets party" party?

Don't know. Funds are getting REALLY tight so some of the finishing touches may have to wait a bit. I'm hoping to be done enough for the "party" this summer. :icon_drunks:

I'll let you know as soon as I know.

Awww...that's too bad. I was gonna make my world famous dip..... :icon_razz:

Come on down, I'll give you a world famous dip. :icon_evilgrin:

Dang, cant believe I missed this thread :icon_think: That is a very nice looking house Todd :icon_cool::icon_dance:

You've missed it for 15 months................... :icon_cool:

Dang, cant believe I missed this thread :icon_think: That is a very nice looking house Todd :icon_cool::icon_dance:

:icon_lol::icon_lol: No doubt! Maybe I just overlooked it prior to the software update.

As mentioned though, it is a damn nice place you got there! :icon_thumbsup:

Does your famous dip contain some of that shit you're digging out of your nose?? :icon_lol:

Hey man ...like animal mother, I just came across this thread. You ever think of taking all of your buddies and getting into the home building business? You guys do excellent work from the pics. Love the attention to detail with the tray ceilings and other levels you've created on the ceilings, the recessed cans are always nice and modern, love the window in front of the nice tub you plan to install, and I've always been a fan of the stone veneer. I used Eldorado Stacked Stone veneer inside and outside of my house and it's amazing the look it gives. You guys have done and outstanding job!!

What's the square footage and how much property do you have there? Also, have you crunched the numbers to see what you're saving by doing this yourself?? I'd be interested in knowing.

Steve

Does your famous dip contain some of that shit you're digging out of your nose?? icon_lol.gif

That nose belongs to Byrdman. :icon_razz:

Thanks for the complements.

Being new to the board I'm sure you don't know my story. About 3 year ago I was in a MC accident and lost both legs above the knee. I had been in the process of finishing the house myself. When that no longer became possible, people stepped up to volunteer.

It's approx. 2100 sq ft not including the finished basement and about 7 acres.

I have no idea what the saving will be as I never considered having it contracted.

• 3 weeks later...

Being new to the board I'm sure you don't know my story. About 3 year ago I was in a MC accident and lost both legs above the knee. I had been in the process of finishing the house myself. When that no longer became possible, people stepped up to volunteer.

It's approx. 2100 sq ft not including the finished basement and about 7 acres.

I have no idea what the saving will be as I never considered having it contracted.

Ah man, that sucks. I had no clue you lost your legs. Dude, I'm truly sorry. I did wonder why there was an elevator in your place but the interior looked pretty fancy and I just assumed you guys were going all out building it yourself that you opted for an elevator.

Great piece of land you got there ...7 acres is huge for a residential yard. Well, your friends are truly amazing. Congrats to all of you for a job well done.

Steve

• 7 months later...

Josh's project inspired me to update this thread.

Progress is being made but at a snails pace. I can't believe I started this thread 2 years ago. I think (hope) we're headed into the final stretch though.

Spent most of the summer putting down the maple hardwood flooring. Major PITA. There were several times when I thought I should just sheet vinyl the whole house and be done w/ it. Actually, some of the details I added made it more complicated. There are WAY too damn many angles in the house plus I did some tile inlays and boarder stuff.

5717959782_7c9b3d5f2c_o.jpg

5717394587_89b230679d_o.jpg

5717392731_25f72173e1_o.jpg

5717395185_a3c84e1c2d_o.jpg

5717960944_d9d3818913_o.jpg

Now that it's done, I'm glad I did it. It looks awesome. :icon_cool:

The tile work is about 2/3 done. Haven't started the master bath and need to finish up in the kitchen.

5717974574_a40ba5644c_o.jpg

5717409939_b9b33d1dc0_o.jpg

5717410933_3877fb90de_o.jpg

Here's some pics of the tile inlay stuff.

5717995300_8669b92078_o.jpg

5717996130_955f411142_o.jpg

5717996582_48738d29da_o.jpg

The first coat of paint is on everything. Going to wait for the final coat until the doors, trim and cabinets are in. I think the soffit work in the dinning area turned out great. :icon_cool:

5717437603_437d7f1c94_o.jpg

5718003216_2f3f7947e4_o.jpg

The guest bath. What? You didn't think I was going to go w/o Yellow? :icon_razz:

5717442297_dd3c8df062_o.jpg

The cabinet were delivered last week but will probably be after the 1st before we start installation.

5718013994_09ffeecd93_o.jpg

I'm using square cut 1x4 maple for all the casing and base. I've got it all sorted and ready to go but nothing installed yet.

5717453931_6c99a9dc9d_o.jpg

The interior doors were screwed up by the door shop so they have been delayed. They were supposed to be clear maple but were paint grade. :icon_confused: So that is holding up the trim install.

Maybe some time in '07 we'll get it done. Maybe. :icon_wink:

What kind of tile Todd? How much per sq ft for just the tile?

What kind of cabinets are those?

Can't remember the brand of the tile but it came from Menard's. It's not exactly what I wanted but it fit in the budget. The stuff I really liked was a little darker but $9 a sq.ft. and this was about $1.60.

The cabinets were semi custom from a local shop. They ordered Vanity (bathroom) fronts, doors and drawers from these guys and built the boxes. They are Maple w/ a clear finish in Shaker style.

http://www.qualitycabinets.com

This was done to get cabinets that are 3'' shorter but still 24'' inches deep. The reduced height will make them much more user friendly for me.

Can't remember the brand of the tile but it came from Menard's. It's not exactly what I wanted but it fit in the budget. The stuff I really liked was a little darker but $9 a sq.ft. and this was about $1.60.

I've been amazed at the difference in cost of tile... I guess I just don't have a trained eye cause I'll see some that is $10 a sq.ft. and it doesn't look any 'higher end' then some thats a 1/3rd of that price.

I think I'm going to put slate floors in my house. I know material cost is within my allowance, I'm just not sure if they charge more to put in slate than ceramic. I know slate you can't scribe and snap, you have to wet-saw. Some people have told me they'll charge more per square, the people at home depot (which aren't the ones I'm using, but just decided to ask) said they charge the same for installing ceramic or slate.) approx 8 a square installation on plywood floor (material not included) around $6 installed on concrete.