CBR1100XX.org Forum

Red FI Light

John01XX

2001 Has just started (today) lighting up the Red FI dash light. No apparent change in performance. It came on once before about 3 months ago but cleared it by turning key off and then back on. This time I have stopped the bike 4 times and the FI light keeps coming back on. Saw some info on the English Site in the past but thought it was only a problem with European Spec Bikes. Think it was a warrenty item in Europe. Any idea's on the cause and possible solution.

18 month old 2001

with 16,000 miles

I had an intermittent FI light issue on my 00. It turned out to be a ground problem on the ecu plug. Check all your connections and check your grounds. I'm not sure but I think their are a couple ground lugs you can check under the front of the seat area

I had the same intermittent FI light problem. I cleaned the chassis ground(a bundle of green wires on the left side under the seat), cleaned and tightened my battery ground, and R&R'ed the ECU plugs. I didn't find any noticable corrosion anywhere, but my battery ground may have been a little loose.

The light is functioning normally now and has been for several weeks. I hope this fixed the problem because the next place to look will be the harness.

I think the 2001 has an "improved" wiring harness that elimates one of the potential trouble spots on the '99 and '00 models. Maybe you will just find a loose or corroded connection somewhere.