CBR1100XX.org Forum

PSI for new Avon 45/46

scubajohn

what PSI do you recomend for daily freeway driving and some easy canyon carving for avon 45/46's I will have them on Sat and told the installer to put them at 40psi front and back.

They looked at me kind of funny and said most people run the front a couple of lbs less than the rear.

i run my new tires at a lower psi for the first 200 miles to get a better scrub in.

this may be true or it may be superstition, but just wanted to pose the idea in the forum ;o)

so on a 42psi max tire i'll have the installer pump 'em up to 36 :grin:

after 100 miles or so (flat or twisty), i run at 42.

hurry up and ride those things in traffic woulcha? i wanna hear how they perform in those conditions :grin:

I got about 40 easy miles on Sat Was planning on alot more today but it was well I am embarassed to call it rain but so far all morning its been overcast and misting. I am not to keen on the California drivers when the roads are wet sooooooo I am waiting it out till the after noon :).

I will say from the short ride if you even put a little pressure on the bars the bike wants to start turning :) and it definatly feels more responsive.

I did not notice any extra road noise but I was riding with my bro in law and he was on my vtx with Jardine Drag pipes. DAMN that thing is LOUD!!!!!!!! heheh its not bad when you are driving it but I let him get in front and well it made my old bird with D&D slip ons sound like a stock black bird heheh. No wonder my neighbors hate me. I was in the house and he pulled up the windows started to vibrate and the ground was vibrating. I leave for work at 5 am now if I take the vtx I will really feel bad.

Well it was the long weekend so no traffic :) but lane splitting at 80+ is no problem. We went up to Mt. Baldy up to the ski lifts talk about some HAIR pins DAMN!!!!! To much traffic in the mountains to have any real fun but as always it was a great ride. No one was hurt and no bikes put the shiney side down.

I duno if my old front was cupped but the avons are WAY quieter and as far as the rain slits on the freeways you can feel them and they do put some feedback into the bars but I did not notice them actualy pulling me around. So far I have not noticed the extra noise or roughness at slow speeds.

They are 100% better than the old stock tires and I am happy as can be with them.