CBR1100XX.org Forum

Relocating key for seat

The XXorcist

Ok I wanna clean up the ass end of my bike, but was curious as to how do you remove the key switch for the seat to come off?? I saw a picture where someone had relocated it on the left side of the tail section where you grab to lift the bike on the center stand.

I dont want too break, so thought I would ask before I go and break it or something..

thanks for any help..

Dave

Dave there's a clip on the inside of the tail holding it, comes off with some patient wiggles, a flat head screw driver helps if I recall.

Randy simply laid the cable that connects to the lock mechanism out the left side vent on the tail. After Randy told me how he did his, I did the same thing. I found a simple Zip tie around the cable kept it from moving too much. As for security, I doubt many "common thieves" would think to look there.

On my Super Hawk, which doesn't have an undertail, I relocated the lock right underneath the passenger seat, directly above the tire. Relocating the lock requires drilling a hole, some filing, and cutting a notch.

Good luck.

Thank you..

I was curious as to how it came off. I plan on knocking out the blank square on the bottom the stock tail light, and changing the bottom bulb to a single filiment bulb, relocate the lock to the left vent (like you guys, great spot I might add :wink: ), and get rid of that rain gutter some..

I already chunked the stock signals and have some cat eye looking ones on there now. They are 1/4 the size of the stockers and just as bright. :grin:

I have no problem drilling or notching, should be pretty simple too do. I also plan on maybe making a stainless undertail with some LED's in the future.. I am currently working on a stainless vid cam mount that goes on the tank to record some rides...

Thanks again for the help..

Dave

If you cut out the blank red plastic under the lens you could put some clear plastic in and make your license light up Not a good idea to put your lock there the stock plastic lens is brittle and would probably crack down the road.

:?: I dont get what your saying man :headscratch:

I plan on taking out the blank and replacing it with a clear peice of plastic. I will change the bottom buld in the tail light with a single filiment bulb, (this will keep it at once brightness, even when brakes applied)

I plan on relocating the key for the seat removeal to the left side vent hole.. if you look where you grab your bike at on the back to put it on the centerstand you will see flat blck plastic on the back... mount the key switch there.

I dont get what will get brittle and crack down the road??? umless you thought I was going to relocate the key on the bottom of my tail light :cycle:

Dave