CBR1100XX.org Forum

Tire Question: Pilot Road owners

XX

hey ya'll,

i just noticed approx 1 inch lines running perpendicular to the end of my tread running inward (towards the center of the tire).

Now I say lines because it seems they are neither raised or cut. If I had to choose one over the other I was say cut, and that is why i am writing.

do any of ya'll out there have the same lines? am i just noticing something that's been there since i got the tires? or is this a sign of wear. or is this a sign of defect?

my riding style has changed since my 53 miles one way commute is usuall high speed (80mph+) no stop and go combined with my weekend fun in the canyons.

i've noticed the same lines on the back too :cool:

bueller?

anybody?

tia

davidw

2002xx

Yes they are there,more noticable when tire is warm.

It is Michelins equivalent of platinium wire in dollar bills.

Michelin had problem with fake tires in the past. :)

I run a Sport on the front and haven't seen a line----but---on the Road on the rear---yes, it is there--no problem. Seems like there was a tread about it some time ago--that kept me from getting nervous about it. Happy trails kel

• 1 month later...

i just noticed on my front, that there is now a noticeable (i'll call it noticeable because i'm not positive it wasn't there before) similiar 'cracked looking' line running thru the centerline (but off center) of the tire.

same hairline cracked looking.

and it's raised a little.

and it's definitely off center.

makes for interesting high speed freeway rain groove chasing! :shock:

and it's been cold as hell lately and i see these lines in my front where as I've seen them only when warm before.

I'm actually at about 7k for the front and the back tire. Done mostly highway commute miles with this set, and am starting to get a flat spot in the back.

- Can't believe I'll probably end up replacing both at the same time! Decent mileage though.

anybody else experiencing this centerline hairline crack in their fronts?

I have about 150 miles on mine and noticed even before they were mounted these cracks (more like siping) that you speak of. I figured they were there for some reason as they are in a specific pattern opposite the tread.

Mike

yeh, i'm cool with those.

it's the one running parallel with the sidewall, not down the center but just off center...

:cry: