CBR1100XX.org Forum

Best XX replacement battery?

DirtTorpedo

I stuck an Interstate in mine over a year ago. Still fine

It was a Sunday, no bike shops open and did not want to wait for one from an on-line place. The Interstate place was open, had what I needed and did not steal my eyes out of my head. A Yuasa would have been cheaper, but my desire to ride that day overcame any monetary concerns.

The stock one works good for me. I repplaced the battery on my '99 before the NEXXT last year, just because.... The bike had like 46K and the battery was 5 years old....

But it still holds the charge (I have it on the Battery Tender once in a while.....)

I'm not sure, but the battery from my '97 may still be in use . You'd have to ask tomek.... :cool:

I'd stick to the OEM, make sure it's set up properly and check your charging system.

Cheers,

I think the one i just got for mine was a Diehard???

BUT, it was a lil' taller then the one that was in and had to remove the two rubber pieces from the bottom of the battery box.

The number that was on my battery wasn't in their book for any year XX, which i found was weird and looked very short.

I've got a Yuasa in my 99. I'm told these are great batteries. But, you know, it's not like they do tricks or anything. They either start your bike or they don't. The Yuasas are pretty pricey, but if they last longer and are more reliable, they might be worth it.