CBR1100XX.org Forum

Nitra Sport Boots

I bought a pair of the Vega Nitro sport boots as a "back-up' pair for commuting. In the wet weather it's nice to have a second pair on hand. Last week I decided to start wearing them to break them in and have kept putting them on every day. They are very comfortable, the liner is a little thicker than other boots I've worn so if you live in the desert you might think twice about purchasing these.

For a general riding boot I think these things are awesome. They are made in China with all leather waterproof uppers, dual zipper/hook-loop closure, replacement toe and shin sliders and are lined with a comfortable, padded interior. The sturdy rubber sole is pretty firm and nice for walking when you are off the bike. One cool feature is the hard plate over the inside of the ankle bone. If I ever end up sliding with the bike on top of my leg this will come in handy.

The faux carbon inserts are a little cheesy.

Here is a picture of the boots:

boot_sport.jpg

Retail is $80 and I saw them on sale recently at Seattle Cycle Center. Even at full price these are an awful lot of boot for the money. If you're looking for an economical but sturdy boot, give these some serious consideration.

You can buy them online here!