CBR1100XX.org Forum

Water Problems?

4U2NV

The owners manual states that you are not suppose to wash the Bird with a high power sprayer as the water pressure will damage the chain and get into the air intakes :shock:

What about water entering the air intakes when using garden hose pressures? I forgot to put socks/rags into the intakes and accidentally sprayed water down them… will the water cause problems or mess up the filter/air box? What about sucking water down the intakes at highway speeds during a rain storm? Just wondering :wink:

There are two small drain holes in the bottom of the airbox, under the filter where the ducts enter. They are off to the left side, in each of the wells, so the water drains easier while on the sidestand. They are only about 1/8' to 3/16" in diameter. I noticed one of mine was clogged with sand/dirt and I have under 4000 miles. You definitely want to check these any time you are servicing the filter, so that any water that does enter, has someplace to drain.

Steve