CBR1100XX.org Forum

Query.....Dunlop

Guest rockmeupto125

My boy put them on his F-3. He just loved them but only had them about a month before he traded the bike. Sportrider magazine have been raving about them. Says that they are far better than the 207. That is what I will get next time. Some one who puts a lot of miles on might want to go with something harder.

I am hearing some awesome reports about them as well. When the current set of BT 010's are toast on my FireBlade, the D208ZR's will be the next set mounted.

I am a long-time Dunlop guy (Back in The Day, I used to get over 14,000 miles on a set of the venerable Dunlop K591's on my ST1100). I *wish* the incredible Dunlop D220s would last longer for me on the Blackbird. Sadly, I can only managed about 5K-5.5K out of them, tops. But, JESUS, what a tire!!! I've never heeled Night Train over so far with so much confidence as with the D220. Complete and totally excellent tire.

I am hearing some awesome reports about them as well.  When the current set of BT 010's are toast on my FireBlade, the D208ZR's will be the next set mounted.

I am a long-time Dunlop guy (Back in The Day, I used to get over 14,000 miles on a set of the venerable Dunlop K591's on my ST1100). I *wish* the incredible Dunlop D220s would last longer for me on the Blackbird. Sadly,  I can only managed about 5K-5.5K out of them, tops. But, JESUS, what a tire!!!  I've never heeled Night Train over so far with so much confidence as with the D220. Complete and totally excellent tire.

I got 17,000 km on the original BT57 then about 11,000 on Dunlop 220's [they come off at 13,000km thanks to no one having a suitable replacement on my wee tour]. Great tyre but just doesn't last long enough. I'm trying the BT020 this time.

They are much better than the 207's, which are just crap on the street. On the other hand, a friend just had his 208 develop a fist-sized bubble while he was cruising along at 150. Dunlop told him to fuck off on a warranty replacement. Meanwhile Avon has replaced any questionable tires instantly, and I've heard of Michelin doing the same.

Buying Dunlop is like buying Suzuki...

There are better brands then Dunlop,my 220 was showing steel cords on my vacation trip after 4500 miles.Anything but Dunlop.