CBR1100XX.org Forum

Honey do - measure twice, cut once.

XXitanium

The 20 year old carpet is fraying up and leaving thread-bare thread by thread. The hooks in the carpet tack strip are catching our socks and making snags. I screwed up two tries. I did however get to use the second try to make the third version.

Pictures tomorrow after it's varnished and installed.

Ha ha, I tried building a fire in the swampy area that I refer to as my backyard today. As an old boy scout leader, my results were embarrassing. It lit up fizzled and went out. I'll get it next week.

While I was very good at fire starting in the Boy Scouts, I've since learned that they failed to teach us about the effectiveness of gasoline.

3 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

While I was very good at fire starting in the Boy Scouts, I've since learned that they failed to teach us about the effectiveness of gasoline.

For good reason.

Collect dryer lint.  It makes great fire starter material, packs down small, and is light weight.

8 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

...girl scout techniques?

• Haha 2

$36 for a 1x6, 6 feet long. $12 a board foot. Actual dimensions 11/16" x 5-1/2". We didn't take the credit card offer the teller tried to hard-sell us ...

I did the angle cuts with a 1970's Craftsman 10" table saw my dad bought, (new blade) and sanded with his old Craftsman 3" belt sander. Holes with 20V DeWalt my kids got me for Christmas a couple years ago. ...drill bits from my mother-in-law's time at Twist Drill corp.

New stain from Menards, lighter and redder than the adjacent trim...  I like it though.

...black zinc oxide trim screws left over from a project at our old house that we moved from over twenty years ago.

On 5/9/2023 at 5:27 AM, blackhawkxx said:

I have wasted way too much time trying to work that out.

Edit to add:  Looks great.

“She who must be obeyed”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...