CBR1100XX.org Forum

Bacon

OMG

California implemented a law on how animals must be kept to sell their meat to CA, we import almost all of our pig and nobody meats the standard.  Unless something changes I might have to start a smuggling operation.

You're going hogging?

Feral hog bacon should be fine, and is free outside the ammo and travel.

7 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

California implemented a law on how animals must be kept to sell their meat to CA

I haven't read the law so I don't know what it addresses, but considering the amount of neurotoxins and metals being found in animals recently, this could actually be one they accidentally got right.

Also, lead in lipstick, well beyond any reasonable limits.

I've cut back on the packing materials, bacon, and cosmetics so I can keep the beer.  Not sure what the plan is on air and water.

INTRODUCTION

N-nitrosamines have been found in air, water, foods, cosmetics, tobacco, and packing materials . N-nitrosamines have been an issue due to nitrite which was added to prevent the growth of Clostridium botulinum in processed meats. For this reason, high concentrations of nitrosamines have been reported in bacon, sausage, and ham in high rate , while meats that did not go through processing showed low, if any, amount of nitrosamines. N-nitrosamines were also reported in salted fish, beer, and water .

1 hour ago, SwampNut said:

I haven't read the law so I don't know what it addresses, but considering the amount of neurotoxins and metals being found in animals recently, this could actually be one they accidentally got right.

Prepare to be not surprised, it's only about feelings.  They don't care how much poison is in the meat or what the animals are eating, just that the animals are in cages of a 'humane size'.  They've outlined how many square feet each type of animal has to have.  And it covers two generations of each animal, if a female's 'birthing cage' is undersized her off-spring can't come to CA.  If a chicken's cage is too small the meat and eggs are both no-go.  Perfect timing since they've regulated away so many of our state's farmers.  But hey, maybe they're not trying to starve us and are just trying to force us into a better diet.

On 3/19/2023 at 11:45 PM, OMG said:

Bacon is duct tape for food.

My fave is jalapeno cheese stuffed.

I was at a restaurant (a fancy one) this week and a few plates of Jal-ap-ano's wrapped in bacon stuffed with something white came out.  It looked AMAZING.  

I didn't eat any.... but I did RAPE the mound of grilled pineapple salsa in the center of the plate leaving NONE for the others to dress their app with :) 

26 minutes ago, superhawk996 said:

Prepare to be not surprised, it's only about feelings.  They don't care how much poison is in the meat or what the animals are eating, just that the animals are in cages of a 'humane size'.  They've outlined how many square feet each type of animal has to have.  And it covers two generations of each animal, if a female's 'birthing cage' is undersized her off-spring can't come to CA.  If a chicken's cage is too small the meat and eggs are both no-go.  Perfect timing since they've regulated away so many of our state's farmers.  But hey, maybe they're not trying to starve us and are just trying to force us into a better diet.

This reads like it's from The Onion.  I feel really retarded that I seriously considered that CA might be looking after an actual meaningful problem.

I don't eat enough bacon to really care but my wife gets a nitrate free bacon she likes. More bacon gets used for smoke flavor to bean dishes or green beans than cooked itself. I have even smoked my own in the pellet smoker without adding any strange stuff. Not really a bacon more of a pork belly ham as my slicing skills suck. 

Want an awesome recipe that I can no longer eat. 

1 small onion and bell pepper chopped fined and cooked till tender (even better if you give the peppers a little char first)

mix in cream cheese (can add in some cumin or other spice if you wish but not really needed)

Jalapeno peppers capped and seeded, drop in a a small slice of brisket or crumbled burnt ends, use a piping bag to fill with cream cheese mix. Wrap with bacon, cook till bacon is almost done and last few minutes give each a light brushing of you favorite bbq sauce. 

Heard them called Texas pickles and armadillo eggs