CBR1100XX.org Forum

Yogurt berries granola

XXitanium

Awesome.  It's so disheartening to see stuff pitched as a healthy alternative to junk, that has been junkified.  "Made with real whole grains!"  (And a pound of sugar and fat)

I've found that the coconut-based yogurts actually pair up with a lot of things better than cow-based.  Not everything, but most.

3 minutes ago, blackhawkxx said:

But what does it taste like?

No taste as is. I throw frozen berries in it. Then it tastes awesome, and the only carbs are from fruit. No added corn based crap sugar.

Generally speaking if it tastes good it is not good for you.

Sad.

I mean, on a scale of pork rind 0 to broccoli 100, that's probably a 40, but you could do much worse.  If you're trying to clean up, I'd look for sugar to be far lower on the list, maybe even replaced by things like date syrup, and fewer processed oils.  Sam's and Safeway have a couple of granola options with very little processed sugar, oil, and salt.  

2 hours ago, XXitanium said:

OK, so I didn't die - - yet...

16770252316253232944737834961446.jpg

1677025270138489454447464359144.jpg

Added sugar. Bad, not good. Horrible. Sodium. Same.

I have not tried this muesli yet. No added sugar, no sodium.

1677034525970245263606192250290.jpg

Edited by tomek

13 hours ago, XXitanium said:

I like the vanilla, does the coconut taste a lot like coconut? I don't mind coconut but I'd hate to have to eat it every day..

The flavored yogurt made from coconut don't taste like coconut.  The totally unflavored one, you might be able to tell.  I have a friend who hates coconut with a passion and says he can tell, but I made the mistake of telling him.  When I use the coconut stuff in recipes, I make sure they are suitable.  IE, as a cream for an Asian/Pacific/Mauritius meal, where coconut is sort of expected anyway.  To me, the vanilla coconut is just awesome particularly with a good granola and dried fruits.  (Again, check your dried fruits, because motherfuckers coat them with sugar, since it's subsidized and adds basically free weight and calories.)

• Upvote 1

It is garbage. They killed nutritional value by throwing sugar in it. Look for products without added sugar.

Cereals have high calories and high carb content even without added sugar.