CBR1100XX.org Forum

Will you drink milk from Chinese cloned super-cows?

SwampNut

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/chinese-super-cows-clone-milk-cattle

Snippets:

Chinese scientists said they have successfully cloned three "super cow" calves that, once fully grown, are capable of producing 50% more milk than the average American cow.

The cloning experiment began last year at Northwest University of Agricultural and Forestry Science and Technology in Shaanxi, China. Scientists sampled tissue from cows across China and used what's called the somatic cell nuclear transfer method to create embryos which were then placed inside surrogate cows. 

The calves will eventually produce 18 tons of milk per year, or 100 tons of milk in their lifetime, Chinese scientists said. By comparison, the average U.S. cow produces almost 12 tons of milk a year, according to U.S. Department of Agriculture data

Officials from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration have said meat and milk from a cloned cow is just "as safe to eat as food from conventionally bred animals."

I mean, sure, yeah, since it's not really all that safe or healthy.

Not inclined to, but the question is if the milk is adulterated by the changes to the cows’ DNA.  I’d not trust an analysis done by China, but if enough independent studies showed it was the same as natural milk, I’d see no reason to not consume it.

5 hours ago, Zero Knievel said:

Not inclined to, but the question is if the milk is adulterated by the changes to the cows’ DNA.  I’d not trust an analysis done by China, but if enough independent studies showed it was the same as natural milk, I’d see no reason to not consume it.

US regulatory authorities said it was fine, it's in the article.  I know you trust them.

No. Way more dangerous vs. cigar smoking and drinking bourbon. Big Milk wants to kill you. 

Seriously, I only drink organic milk from paper containers. Anything from plastic tastes like, literally, shit.

Stuff's probably safer than going down on a vaxxed chick.

Cow milk is already said to be bad for you, I don't know why this stuff would be particularly dangerous.  It's not like we're dealing with bubba's latest moonshine inspired brain storm, it's being done by professionals in a Chinese lab; worst case scen

Have I mentioned that we should nuke China before they succeed in killing us all?

55 minutes ago, superhawk996 said:

Stuff's probably safer than going down on a vaxxed chick.

Cow milk is already said to be bad for you.

Says who? Your brother?

22 hours ago, tomek said:

Says who? Your brother?

He, and many others.  There's a bunch of stuff about milk that's 'bad' for us, but I don't think it's any more bad than a lot of things we normally eat and drink.

2 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

He, and many others.  There's a bunch of stuff about milk that's 'bad' for us, but I don't think it's any more bad than a lot of things we normally eat and drink.

Nope. I understand that based on your ethnic background some group of people cannot properly digest milk but that does not mean milk is generally bad for people.

I'm not in that group btw.

I like milk a lot, cannot imagine it would not be a part of my diet.

Having said that cheap milk in plastic containers is simply horrible. Taste like cow shit, and Fuck only knows what is in the bottle. It could be like Subway tuna sandwich has not tuna situation. Lol.

I like organic milk from Aldi's the best. I drink 2 0.5 gallons containers per week. Plus one of this.

16764756134433450300051349045426.jpg

All the evidence from doctors and nutritionists says that cow juice is bad for most people.  The dairy industry has studies that prove it's good for you.  Go figure.  Pick your sources.

Overall though, if you gain enjoyment from it, then it's just one of the compromises we make.  I don't enjoy it much, and once being 100% clean of it, I could see the little problems it caused when I had some, so fuck it.  Nope.  We know for sure that routine milk and cheese fucks up Moriah's gut, so it's all out, why not.

Honey or a bit of raw sugar in coffee, once a day, is mostly my only sugar consumption.  Never been a cream guy, but Moriah used to make milk foam for coffee, and an unflavored macchiato is my idea of decadence.

On 2/15/2023 at 1:25 PM, blackhawkxx said:

Half and half in my coffee is one of those for me.

That's the only time I drink cow juice.  Once in a great while I get a hankering for cereal and if there happens to be some in the house I mix half & half with water to make 'milk', we don't drink milk so never have it.

33 minutes ago, superhawk996 said:

That's the only time I drink cow juice.  Once in a great while I get a hankering for cereal and if there happens to be some in the house I mix half & half with water to make 'milk', we don't drink milk so never have it.

Almond milk works great for cereal or oats and it keeps way longer than real milk.

2 hours ago, blackhawkxx said:

Almond milk works great for cereal or oats and it keeps way longer than real milk.

I've tried it and it's ok, but never tried it with cereal.  Pretty sure I tried it with coffee and it wasn't working for me.

If you want non-cow for coffee, you should buy the ones sold for coffee.  It's made very differently.  It will also foam, I've been told.  Almond in coffee is very thin and weird.  Coconut does better (and no, doesn't taste like coconut).  Oat milk seems to be the best all-around option.  Remember to shake the hell out of it before use.

Moriah says the vanilla almost is the best in cereal.  I haven't tried it.  This morning she commented that butter now tastes "pretty bad" after going around six weeks without it.  She's been using plant-based "butter" and now the cow stuff was just greasy and overbearing.  I tried what she was having, which I tried with plant stuff, and felt like all flavors were drowned out by the butter.