CBR1100XX.org Forum

Titanium vs. Stainless Steel

tomek

1 hour ago, SwampNut said:

It's great when the fish jump in the boat.  Nice work.

Yes. Totally. Once your bro showed up here with clueless comment, I knew it would be just a matter of time before you would jump here. So much for your ignore bottom.

Pavlov.jpg

And he just keeps on floundering.

I feel dumb for thinking that he might just be able to have a conversation about this cam thing, but once again he proves what a dick he is.

It has worked as intended. I knew superhawk would post here, and Swamp would jump to his defense. Gigant bait. Lol. Win. 

Edited by tomek

11 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

And he just keeps on floundering.

I feel dumb for thinking that he might just be able to have a conversation about this cam thing, but once again he proves what a dick he is.

He who must never be questioned.  It was a potentially interesting thread derailed once again by an inability to discuss anything rationally.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

He who must never be questioned.  It was a potentially interesting thread derailed once again by an inability to discuss anything rationally.

I remember awhile ago you were absolutely "mind bugled" by fact piston travels slower-on averege- between TDC and 90 deg. ATDC vs. 90 deg. ATDC and BDC. That is very basic geometry, kind of like 2+2 =4

It was clear indication you don't know much about geometry, and consequently this particular area of physics.

I would never, ever try to post anything into Swamp's IT threads becouse it would quickly become obvious I know dick about it, and cannot contribute in any meaningful way.

I have no idea why both of you try to post something in threads like this one, when it is clear it is not your area of expertise. 

This is physics and hard science, it is not possible to bull shit your way out of it. 

I wonder if he's still trying to defend himself or doing the usual of just saying how stupid I am for not understanding his supreme knowledge.  History would say that there's been at least one "stupid cuban" and one "big brother comes to save his little brother."  It's a bummer that he can't get over his inadequacies and have a conversation, there's some chance that we could all learn something useful.  He's already taught us that it's a bad idea to use a pry bar to install a cam chain and to run 5-30 oil in a track bike, I'm sure there's other secret info he's got hidden.

9 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

I wonder if he's still trying to defend himself or doing the usual of just saying how stupid I am for not understanding his supreme knowledge.  History would say that there's been at least one "stupid cuban" and one "big brother comes to save his little brother."  It's a bummer that he can't get over his inadequacies and have a conversation, there's some chance that we could all learn something useful.  He's already taught us that it's a bad idea to use a pry bar to install a cam chain and to run 5-30 oil in a track bike, I'm sure there's other secret info he's got hidden.

No idea, it's more amusing to only see the response posts, and I've only seen/addressed the posts about the product itself.  It is honestly sad that it's impossible to actually explore something like this.

On 12/22/2022 at 12:59 PM, fizzy said:

If you pulled that stunt in engineering school, you would end up with a degree in business admin. 

Huh, looks like I may be proven right after all.  Also the closest thing I have to any degree is probably business admin.

https://archive.ph/Epj7G

A New Computer Proof ‘Blows Up’ Centuries-Old Fluid Equations

For more than 250 years, mathematicians have wondered if the Euler equations might sometimes fail to describe a fluid’s flow. Now there’s a breakthrough.

Perhaps the oldest and most prominent of these equations, formulated by Leonhard Euler more than 250 years ago, describe the flow of an ideal, incompressible fluid: a fluid with no viscosity, or internal friction, and that cannot be forced into a smaller volume. “Almost all nonlinear fluid equations are kind of derived from the Euler equations,” said Tarek Elgindi, a mathematician at Duke University. “They’re the first ones, you could say.”

In a preprint posted online in October, a pair of mathematicians has shown that a particular version of the Euler equations does indeed sometimes fail. The proof marks a major breakthrough—and while it doesn’t completely solve the problem for the more general version of the equations, it offers hope that such a solution is finally within reach. “It’s an amazing result,” said Tristan Buckmaster, a mathematician at the University of Maryland who was not involved in the work. “There are no results of its kind in the literature.”

On 12/24/2022 at 12:46 PM, tomek said:

Waiting for main bearings. One looks like squirrel took a bite of it. No clue why. Decided to replace all of them. Only 85 bucks. 

Is this the engine you destroyed by prying on the cam chain, or the one you smoked because you clogged the oil pump pickup screen with RTV sealant?

1 hour ago, XXBirdSlapper said:

or the one you smoked because you clogged the oil pump pickup screen with RTV sealant?

Reminds me of my buddy's bug.  He installed a new engine and his friend drove it around the block.  Next time he went to start it, nothing.  I checked it and it's seized hard, can't even turn it with a prybar on the flywheel teeth.  The oil pump cover has a ton of sealant that oozed out, guessing the same amount oozed in and fucked the motor.  He's dropping it off for a teardown in January, then I should know for sure.

Another buddy smoked a new hot rodded 4.6L Mustang motor.  He pre-filled the oil filter so the pump couldn't evacuate the air to prime itself.  By the time he asked me and I told him what to do it was too late.  It made oil pressure, but it was knocking.

Tomek smoked a motor due to excess sealant???  It's so hard to tell which of two bullshitters is bullshitting more.

2 minutes ago, superhawk996 said:

Reminds me of my buddy's bug.  He installed a new engine and his friend drove it around the block.  Next time he went to start it, nothing.  I checked it and it's seized hard, can't even turn it with a prybar on the flywheel teeth.  The oil pump cover has a ton of sealant that oozed out, guessing the same amount oozed in and fucked the motor.  He's dropping it off for a teardown in January, then I should know for sure.

Another buddy smoked a new hot rodded 4.6L Mustang motor.  He pre-filled the oil filter so the pump couldn't evacuate the air to prime itself.  By the time he asked me and I told him what to do it was too late.  It made oil pressure, but it was knocking.

I can understand one of those, but yeah, the sealant.  Where did you think it was gonna go?  The other day someone you know who is usually pretty good mechanically showed up with a blob of grease on his swingarm due to using so much on the pedals.  What you should use is a tiny dab of anti-sieze.

2 hours ago, fizzy said:

Don't you recognize them?

Of course I do. The bike in question has oval pistons, so there are, at least, couple ways to play it. 😜 

On 12/26/2022 at 12:37 AM, superhawk996 said:

He's already taught us that it's a bad idea to use a pry bar to install a cam chain and to run 5-30 oil in a track bike, I'm sure there's other secret info he's got hidden.

Wait, so the cam chain festival of destruction needed the 5-30 oil for the failure, or he destroyed a 3rd engine?

18 minutes ago, XXBirdSlapper said:

Wait, so the cam chain festival of destruction needed the 5-30 oil for the failure, or he destroyed a 3rd engine?

I don't remember if it was the same motor.  He had his own special reason why lighter weight oil is better for running an engine hot and hard around a race track, apparently everyone else on the planet is too dumb to understand his brilliant reasoning.  I think his theory was along the lines of the thinner oil being able to move through the system faster, which does have validity.  All seemed good 'till the barrier broke down and parts melted.  On the upside, he got a pretty multi color connecting rod and crank to hang on his wall of accomplishments.

Nope. That was supposed to be about 2004 r1. I nuked that one due to idiotic comments by certain idiot. Again.

This one, was a trial balloon. I was hoping, perhaps, he learnt something, and would  refrain from spreading stupidity. Nope. Nothing changed.

It is pointless, it always comes to debunking utter nonsense he posts, etc instead of concentrating on the built.

And he has major issue with the truth. Makes things up, twists the truth, etc.

Inferiority complex on top of it. Probably was abused by parents and/or Swamp. We'll never know.

He is destructive prick and asshole. Never starts anything of his own, but pollutes my threads with his bithering  nonsense any chance he gets.

Next trail balloon will be in 10 years. 🤪