CBR1100XX.org Forum

Not satisfied with killing humans, Dunkin' Donuts is introducing dog treats

SwampNut

Assholes.  In partnership with Milk Bone, they are about to introduce dog donuts and even worse--dog donut holes.  I haven't been able to find the ingredient list, which tells me it's got to be garbage.  If it were decent they'd be telling us proudly.  And the donut hole thing is a hell of a choking hazard for some dogs.  Fucking idiots.

Will they also be offering coffee bowls?

In & Out is the only place that I know of offering a decent dog treat, plain burger patty.  When the drive through is busy they have a person walk out and take orders, I ordered my usual #1, then the guy asked if I wanted something for the dog, "nah, a burger has too much junk that's probably not good for him."  He told me of the plain patty for dogs....hmmm, sure.  Next time I went I was at the speaker and asked for a #1 and a doggy style, didn't work, had to explain it.

In other news, the international carrot cartel has introduced a diabolical new product for dogs, called "baby carrots".  Some dogs are slower to show addiction, but most are hooked after 3-5 doses.  The bastards are going to peddle this shit at prices that undercut almost all commercial dog treats.  Worse, the product carries with it almost zero detrimental nutrition, causing comfortably plump dogs to lose crucial excessive fat reserves.  Paradoxically, this increases their desire for the treat, eventually turning them into lean, potentially athletic shadows of their former selves.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, IcePrick said:

In other news, the international carrot cartel has introduced a diabolical new product for dogs, called "baby carrots".  Some dogs are slower to show addiction, but most are hooked after 3-5 doses.  The bastards are going to peddle this shit at prices that undercut almost all commercial dog treats.  Worse, the product carries with it almost zero detrimental nutrition, causing comfortably plump dogs to lose crucial excessive fat reserves.  Paradoxically, this increases their desire for the treat, eventually turning them into lean, potentially athletic shadows of their former selves.

Our last dogs loved carrots.  Current ones...not so much.

We have Big Pharma, Big Farm, Big Range and now, what? Big Carrot? The end is near.

Fat owner typically means fat dog. Of course, there are exemptions.

We have one dog that will eat any fruit or vegetable except raw squashes, and one that won't eat any raw fruit vegetable at all.  He may eat veggies cooked if they have some flavor additive on them.  And a tomato with dressing is a maybe.  But no other fruit.

1 minute ago, tomek said:

We have Big Pharma, Big Farm, Big Range and now, what? Big Carrot? The end is near.

Fat owner typically means fat dog. Of course, there are exemptions.

All of the plant-based cartels come under the secretive umbrella of Big Vegetable.  This whole health/nutrition/clean eating thing is the next scam - wait until people get addicted to comparatively inexpensive, hormone and bacteria-deficient vegetables and start rejecting the wholesomeness of the high fat, sodium-drenched Standard American Diet.  Then they'll spring their trap and charge more for veggies.  By then, there will be no McDonalds left to turn to, run out of business by the likes of the broccoli mob, the kale consortium, the legume cartel.  Think of the tragedy of a world without Happy Meals, kids having to eat a salad with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FRIED IN IT, and missing the $0.03 Chinese-made plastic toy that will eventually find itself wedged in the seat rails of your Kia.  Just ponder that reality for a moment, America.

Terrifying to think of entire acres of plants filtering water and creating oxygen where methane-belching, water-soiling red meat machines once grazed at their engineered feed.  The horror.

I've said too much already.  If you find my body wrapped in cabbage leaves and left to fertilize a Brussels sprouts farm, you'll know I spoke the truth.

• Like 1

Well, veg-based protein drink with berries, soy milk, and flax seeds.  Making quinoa in veg broth now to get mixed with cucumber, tomatoes, celery, red onion, white beans, parsley, and kale for dinner.  Maybe some air fryer chickpeas for more crunch.  Lunch will be leftover tacos from last night - cabbage leaf shells and spicy riced cauliflower instead of ground beef.

Smoothie.  THAT is what I need this morning.  Hungry early for some reason.  Also, I somehow forget about food options like that.  They leave my brain.  I can create a new idea and habit easily, and keep it up, then a few weeks later it disappears when I'm not thinking about it.

1 hour ago, IcePrick said:

All of the plant-based cartels come under the secretive umbrella of Big Vegetable.  This whole health/nutrition/clean eating thing is the next scam - wait until people get addicted to comparatively inexpensive, hormone and bacteria-deficient vegetables and start rejecting the wholesomeness of the high fat, sodium-drenched Standard American Diet.  Then they'll spring their trap and charge more for veggies.  By then, there will be no McDonalds left to turn to, run out of business by the likes of the broccoli mob, the kale consortium, the legume cartel.  Think of the tragedy of a world without Happy Meals, kids having to eat a salad with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FRIED IN IT, and missing the $0.03 Chinese-made plastic toy that will eventually find itself wedged in the seat rails of your Kia.  Just ponder that reality for a moment, America.

Terrifying to think of entire acres of plants filtering water and creating oxygen where methane-belching, water-soiling red meat machines once grazed at their engineered feed.  The horror.

I've said too much already.  If you find my body wrapped in cabbage leaves and left to fertilize a Brussels sprouts farm, you'll know I spoke the truth.

Lol. You do have serious writing skills.👍

13 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

Smoothie.  THAT is what I need this morning.  Hungry early for some reason.  Also, I somehow forget about food options like that.  They leave my brain.  I can create a new idea and habit easily, and keep it up, then a few weeks later it disappears when I'm not thinking about it.

Me too.  I forget about some of the great recipes I've made - not that I forget what they are and how to make them, they just escape from my repertoire.  I guess I need to write them down and make a menu, something I've never been able to make a habit of though I've tried in the past.  Too easy to fall into the peanut butter on toast routine, I'm more of a spontaneous "what do you want for dinner tonight - we have some of this, that, and the other stuff?" type cook than a planner and shopper.

4 minutes ago, tomek said:

Lol. You do have serious writing skills.👍

Thanks.  I wish I had the patience to write something that could maybe make some money, but I like mangling metal in the shop too much.

Mixed frozen berry pack from Sam's, mint, oat milk, inulin, dash of cayenne.  The fruit-loving dog goes nuts when he hears the blender since he knows he's going to get a bit of it in his bowl.

• Upvote 1