CBR1100XX.org Forum

Secondipity--tool, electronic and home product returns at a bargain

SwampNut

I found this site shopping for the battery power washer I talked about in another thread.  I bought it from this site because of the price.  It arrived in a few days, and was clearly opened but not used.  Everything was there.  Couldn't tell it wasn't new other than the open and re-taped box.

Home Depot, $170

Amazon, $150

Secondipity, $55

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JoWhee said:

Isn't that pretty much the woot business model? 

Not that I'm aware of, at least historically.  Woot started by selling ONE brand new product per day.  Are they different now that Amazon bought them?  I haven't bothered to look at them in years.  Secondipity has many products all the time, and just a few of each individual item.

Woot seems to be selling amazon returns now, my robot vacuum was an amazon return, of course it didn't work properly so now it's also a woot return item. 

Amazon sells Amazon returns, so WTF?  Same shit?  Somehow different shit?  I've had about 80% success with Amazon returns, luckily they give you no problem returning bad stuff.  I got a quadcopter with obvious crash damage, so I was worried they'd blame me.  Nope, no problem.  I did want the address of the guy who crashed and returned it as I had a lot of dogshit to mail to him.

• 10 months later...