CBR1100XX.org Forum

Wierd Problem with Nissan Frontier (Help!)

jon haney

4 hours ago, jon haney said:

Most people have no clue how much they are getting screwed when they know absolutely nothing about their own vehicles.

Yea, it sucks.  Most people I talk with come around, but some are convinced that anything less than the suggested million dollar repair is "cheaping out" and not going to be a proper repair.  They've been conditioned to accept the dealer rape and as long as the car keeps running they're content.

I've had a couple customers say "hey, my car is still dirty.  When the dealer fixes it they give me a free car wash."

"So sorry, you didn't say that you wanted the dealer experience.  Add another $300 to that payment while I go hit the $7 car wash."

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

Yea, it sucks.  Most people I talk with come around, but some are convinced that anything less than the suggested million dollar repair is "cheaping out" and not going to be a proper repair.  They've been conditioned to accept the dealer rape and as long as the car keeps running they're content.

I've had a couple customers say "hey, my car is still dirty.  When the dealer fixes it they give me a free car wash."

"So sorry, you didn't say that you wanted the dealer experience.  Add another $300 to that payment while I go hit the $7 car wash."

How do you charge, by the hour or job?

2 hours ago, blackhawkxx said:

How do you charge, by the hour or job?

Yes.  It depends.  Some stuff I put a flat price on and some is hourly.  Yesterday I had a "forklift runs like shit and sometimes won't run at all" that was about an hour away; hourly.  They also had a truck with an air leak that they'd forgotten about 'till I was there so I fixed that.  I'm part Robin Hood, some people/companies pay more than others.

2 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

I'm part Robin Hood, some people/companies pay more than others.

Worked for Amazon.

Tangent:  Gas stations are experimenting with variable pricing by the minute based on who comes in when; workers versus business people hours.  The cooler doors are LCD screens, not clear, with pricing changing as needed.