CBR1100XX.org Forum

Clutch line +3 inches

9 hours ago, CALCXX said:

We know that's bullshit, lol

My "I bid $30" or the cable?  My bid was bullshit.  In fairness, my Bird is a XXX so maybe that's why it's different from what you're accustomed to 😆

The missing reservoir is obvious, you might have to zoom in to see the cable at the bar.  The shiny thing by the shifter takes the place of the stock slave and sprocket cover.  It has a rotating actuator thing that converts the pulling of the cable into pushing the clutch rod that would normally be pushed by the slave.  I can't say that it's superior to the stock system, but I'm sure the manufacturer of it said so.  It's shiny and purdy, that's gotta be worth whatever they charged for it.

image.thumb.jpeg.6b3e42d34a0c3633d4c7fa92181970bb.jpeg

That is a good looking XX. Don't think I have seen that one.

haha I was calling bullshit on cable assuming it was all the way to the clutch case.

Is it?

Edited by CALCXX

The cable goes to the cover about where the hydraulic line would.  It's visible from this angle if you zoom in.  I was living in a black and white world at the time.

image.thumb.jpeg.cdfb1d764912d1bda0cbba247b26c134.jpeg

This is the actuator inside the cover that the cable pulls on.  It has twist grooves between the rotating center and outer part, kinda like barrel rifling.  As the cable pulls the lever rotating the center part, the 'rifling' forces it to travel in/out.  Behind the bolt is a locknut, this lets you adjust it.  There's a bit of a balancing act between adjusting the cable and the bolt.  I don't know if I did it the 'right' way because I don't even know who made the thing, but it works well.

image.thumb.jpeg.328c4a4ce6007c02bb31470b3764049c.jpeg

IC. How does it feel ?  Like days of old?

My hands aren't big enough for the reach of that lever.

I'm guessing a drag racer came up with that?

My first hyd clutch bike was 1000 Ninja.

Launching it took some practice. I thought it had less "feel" than the cable clutch.

Edited by CALCXX

13 hours ago, CALCXX said:

IC. How does it feel ?  Like days of old?

My hands aren't big enough for the reach of that lever.

I'm guessing a drag racer came up with that?

My first hyd clutch bike was 1000 Ninja.

Launching it took some practice. I thought it had less "feel" than the cable clutch.

I had typed out a whole detailed reply much earlier and don't know what happened to it, I don't have the energy to re-do the long version.  I think it's better than stock, but I'd have to compare it again to give good feedback.

The Gilles Tooling peg/shifter is definitely an improvement over stock, as is the brake lever.  They have a ton of adjustability, and most important--they're sexy.  It seems that adding pivots and shit instead of the simple lever straight on the shift shaft would be worse, but it's a huge improvement.  The Motul 300V oil finished making shifting spectacular.  It's painfully spendy, but the change in shift feel will keep me buying it, fuckin amazing.  It's almost like the shit knows when you want to shift and it helps make it happen.

image.thumb.jpeg.79375401fbfcd2e9a0485e6b734c307e.jpeg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

The cable goes to the cover about where the hydraulic line would.  It's visible from this angle if you zoom in.  I was living in a black and white world at the time.

image.thumb.jpeg.cdfb1d764912d1bda0cbba247b26c134.jpeg

This is the actuator inside the cover that the cable pulls on.  It has twist grooves between the rotating center and outer part, kinda like barrel rifling.  As the cable pulls the lever rotating the center part, the 'rifling' forces it to travel in/out.  Behind the bolt is a locknut, this lets you adjust it.  There's a bit of a balancing act between adjusting the cable and the bolt.  I don't know if I did it the 'right' way because I don't even know who made the thing, but it works well.

image.thumb.jpeg.328c4a4ce6007c02bb31470b3764049c.jpeg

Has the bars been powder coated?

2 hours ago, blackhawkxx said:

Same height and reach of the stock ones?

They can be, there's a lot of adjustability.  I have them set higher than stock, maybe VFR height.

Adjustments: up/down, forward/backward, as well as rotation; (bar ends up/down and in/out.

Both the pegs and bars are very nice....and they charge accordingly.  I got them second hand, I think retail was around $1k for both sets.  I think they're no longer available so my used ones should be worth double!

3 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

They can be, there's a lot of adjustability.  I have them set higher than stock, maybe VFR height.

Adjustments: up/down, forward/backward, as well as rotation; (bar ends up/down and in/out.

Both the pegs and bars are very nice....and they charge accordingly.  I got them second hand, I think retail was around $1k for both sets.  I think they're no longer available so my used ones should be worth double!

I wouldn't go any higher than $1500. 😉

On 10/20/2022 at 6:47 PM, blackhawkxx said:

I wouldn't go any higher than $1500. 😉

SOLD!

Whenever I get tired of having them.  I keep tossing around the idea of selling the bike, but it would be hard to replace it if I wanted to.

Edited by superhawk996

• 2 months later...