CBR1100XX.org Forum

If the charging system is 'leaking' AC into the system could it be messing with the ignition system and cause this?  Mostly aimed at Mike, I think he's the most likely to have an answer.

• Upvote 1

Fish on! (As in I am the fish)

You don't get it.

40 year old bike - engine has six pipes blasting out the front - the engine is a stressed member of the frame. The sound is music. The community have created a Kawasaki alternator conversion "kit".

TOMEK ...go buy a new bike if that's what you want. It will be easier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XXitanium said:

Fish on! (As in I am the fish)

You don't get it.

40 year old bike - engine has six pipes blasting out the front - the engine is a stressed member of the frame. The sound is music. The community have created a Kawasaki alternator conversion "kit".

TOMEK ...go buy a new bike if that's what you want. It will be easier.

i-dont-always-win-fishing-tournaments-but-when-i-do-you-will-never-hear-the-end-of-it.jpg

Not much going on race replica front. 2022 r1 is almost the same as 2015, and so on. SPORT-touring is dead, totally uninterested in Adv bike. Styling of most of Japanese bikes sucks big time right now, totally.

I can go on.

But thanks for asking.

11 hours ago, XXitanium said:

Why we like our old rusty useless CBXs. You answered your own question.

Of course. The bike with character. Unique inline 6 sound. I was, of course, trolling. But you knew it from the get go.

Btw, that  explains my current nondirt bikes. Vfr12f has narrow angle V4 with unequal length primaries. Sounds like nothing else on the planet, although kinda trashy.

Crossplain R1, I could blip the throttle all day. Sounds that good. Telepathic throttle to rear wheel connection.

After 300k miles on various "regular" inline 4s I want something else. 

• Upvote 1