CBR1100XX.org Forum

Need Blackbird spare parts.

Headlight, upper cowl, maybe the upper fairing stay (that'll be the tough one).  I believe they FINALLY make the headlight aftermarket now.  Think I saw one on ebay.

Edit:  Now they make both the headlight AND the upper fairing stay aftermarket.

Edited by Furbird

Looking for headlight, fairing stay,  forks, left ram air duct and the panel that clips to it (it left the bike while towing home) , windscreen, front fender , 

might just do fork tubes and upgrade to cartridge internals 

that’s all I know of right now I had to fly to Vegas so I’ve not really looked at it all yet. 

Joe's going to be the only one with all of those parts I'm aware of on here.  I used all of that to rebuild Furbird V2 from the previous stunter that owned it (plus a ton more).

If he's OOS, you're going to be on ebay as I stated further up the thread.  Now will be the time to do tapered head bearings as there is no way I would trust the ones in there since it bent the forks.  I would tear the entire front end out and inspect everything VERY carefully as that was a significant hit with that being the case.  Might want to go ahead and get the triple trees and all and not just the forks.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I know, no difference between carbed and FI Bird forks.

I have a set of forks off an 01 ( FI bike ) on my 98 carbed bird. 

I didn't see any physical difference. They do have aftermarket internals though.

Edited by CALCXX
  • Upvote 1

On 8/29/2022 at 5:22 PM, rockmeupto125 said:

Alright, Club..........I'll go over your list and see what's in the shed I'm cleaning out.

‘Thanks man 

I’ve gotten everything just about on the way , doing a fork upgrade, my lower tubes were good , my uppers were trash so I got pair as well as cartridge upgrades (and shock) coming, new fairings are on the way, and most the bits and bibs I could find broken or bent. 

’last thing on the list right now is a right hand mirror glass. 

• Like 1