CBR1100XX.org Forum

Wagon country

XXitanium

We got a steer butchered about an hour west of here and we went to pick it up at the processing plant.

Some if the trip was on county hghways. One of these had just had cap-and-top (Chip Seal) done. They spray tar and put a layer of fairly fine crushed rock on top.

https://www.kentcountyroads.net/faq/why-are-you-putting-tar-and-gravel-on-our-paved-road

We had just gotten onto the repair and I noticed a funny track. A litle thought, I realized it was an Amish horse-and-buggy that made it.

We went for a few miles and my wife muttered something. I had to ask her what she said twice before I understood it....miles ticking away...

"Wagon for sale".   

"...you mean like a horse drawn farm wagon?" (Wagon cuntry)

"No, an old car."

"What kind?"

"I'm not sure."

....the conversation kind of went round and trailed off.

On the way home, we stopped to ake a look...

1953 Ford Courier.

20220806_092730.jpg

20220806_092813.jpg

20220806_092831.jpg

20220806_092838.jpg

Edited by XXitanium

So, while was out of the car a young yellow lab xame around the corner to greet me and get a scratch. His human came around the corner and started to chit-chat while the frizen steer was thawing out in the bed of the F150.

20220806_092848.jpg

20220806_092859(0).jpg

He said he had thoughts of turning the Courier into a gasser and ost interest.

He had some other cars in those sheds. He asked if I'd like to see them. A couple of them were pretty cool. A couple of them I just didn't understand the concept he was shooting for.

The yellow one was pretty neat.

He had early 79's hearse he was chopping into a pickup truck. e also had a mid 1960's Buick he was welding Cadillac fenders and a 1940's Oldsmobile cab/top onto and taking width out of the front of the hood... and using the 40's hood on top of the19602 bits - I didn't get it.

It was an interesting 10 minutes.

20220806_092911.jpg

20220806_093716.jpg

20220806_093655.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jon haney said:

Was the interior of that yellow behemoth done in shag carpet?  LOL.

That is a special kind of ugly.

I grew up in the seventies. I kind if appreciated its thorough opulence. He stretched the back so much it will scrape on most Wisconsin aprons.

One itf you GMC fans, El Dorado front end, Cadillac rear end, Oldsmobile power roof top? The tag says "Lead Sled".