CBR1100XX.org Forum

DJI Air2s Fly More kit with extra accessories

I haven't looked at pricing.  Checking on interest here before putting it on eBay for top bid.  As always with my stuff, it's immaculate, you'd never know it has left the box.  Low flight hours, no crashes, no dirt landings, no issues.  Covered by DJI Care and about seven months old.  All the usual accessories like ND/PL filters, prop protectors, portable charger, etc.

I bought a Mini 3 Pro and will probably stop using this one.  And yes, I did just get this to replace a Mini 2.  Shut up.

23 hours ago, SwampNut said:

Now I wonder what the perceived difference between a quad and a drone is...

My assumption is $.  Jorge has a couple quads and from conversation I think they're fairly low dollar.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2022 at 1:35 AM, Zero Knievel said:

A quad being a drone with 4 motors?  Drones can have many motors…or vote Democrat. ;) 

I missed this before.  The term has become problematic due to consumers using it like "Kleenex" or "Xerox" with no meaning.  Quadcopters always have four motors.  Hexacopters six, etc.  A single-engine fixed wing RC plane is also a drone.  The definition of drone is an aircraft piloted remotely or flies autonomously.  It seems like people now mean it as a quadcopter specifically.

This quadcopter is a drone.  It can fly under remote control or semi-autonomously.  It is not capable of full autonomous flight without third party software to do so.  The very cheap ones can't do any automation at all, but are still drones.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In the past it was mostly used to hint at autonomy, but never officially.  A non-autonomous remote piloted military drone for example.  I also heard it used mostly to mean autonomous.  

A quad always has four motors in an X.  A drone covers airplanes or whatever.  The FAA has officially standardized on "drone" in all of the regulation and pilot-facing info, with some use of "remote aerial vehicle system/RUAS" and "drone pilot" as "remote pilot in command/RPIC".  Most local laws refer to the same definition then use "drone" and "operator."

Fun fact:  You can fly over a lot of things that say you can't fly there.  The location of the pilot is the only thing they can prohibit.  You can stand on the border of a national park and fly into it.

Kit sold yesterday for just under $900.