CBR1100XX.org Forum

C-beams off the shoals of Orion

XXitanium

2 hours ago, SwampNut said:

I have two of these in sealed boxes, brand new.  How about $100 plus actual shipping cost?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-14-0-laptop-intel-celeron-n4020-4gb-memory-64gb-emmc-star-black-star-black/6469401.p?skuId=6469401

4D2DFA09-0F51-4DE8-A550-F150C90643CD_1_102_o.jpeg

Pretty nice deal.

What does the N4020 equal in i7 world?

13 hours ago, XXitanium said:

What does the N4020 equal in i7 world?

I don't really know an exact number, it's a Celeron, so probably more comparable to an i3 or i5.  I have one running next to me and it feels fine for what you said you wanted to do, I'm sure I wouldn't want to be doing video editing on it or 3D gaming.  I deployed a ton of them for a call center to do their work on and phone calls over a headset.

Honestly I just can't advise you on this realistically.  Obviously GIMP is going to run, is it going to be great?  No idea.  I don't use it, and I don't know anything more than "it's a photo editor."  I haven't edited photos on a Windows machine in 20 years.  These are cheap basic machines with very little storage, also.

On 12/31/2022 at 1:16 PM, XXitanium said:

Some people buy new rocking computers with four year warranties.

Let's say I'm shopping and I'm cheap. I live in the Windohs world.

I do email.

I watch ThinkOrSwim like having a fishbowl with goldfish. Extremely inactive, just background motion.

I use it as a media player.

Any hot deals on new computers?

My friend does e-waste and can line you up with something for damn near nothing, recycle value + shipping.

• Upvote 1