CBR1100XX.org Forum

$6,000: 2003 Blackbird, 18k, Givi bags, excellent condition, always covered in heated shop

Hi All: I've owned this bird for five years or so and have found it to be the best road trip bike I've ever owned. However, I'm just not using it these days and am wondering what would be a fair market value. It has 18,000 miles -give or take- as well as full Givi bags (side and top cases). Tank cover plus Bagster tank bag. Always covered in heated shop with trickle charger. Oil is changed more frequently than factory maintenance chart. Runs perfect. No issues. No leaks. Really nice aftermarket seat -I've ridden 8 hour days with this seat. Tires are above average but not new. It's a stock bike mechanically with frequent oil changes and has never been down. Adult owned by a 50+ year old dude who has zero interest in stunts, wheelies, burnouts, donuts, jumps, high speed chases, or race days.

UPDATE: There is also a 3rd Givi case included that is not shown (you can see mounting for it on rear), also a tank cover with matching Bagster tank bag that is really nice. 

Let me know if you have questions or require further pics. As of now I'm only listing it here.

IMG_3145.JPG

IMG_4244.JPG

IMG_4247.JPG

IMG_4249.JPG

Edited by John from NWO
Added Bagster and 3rd Givi bag to listing
  • Upvote 1

Very nice . . . May we assume the $5600 price is only for this site & its members? 

In today's secondary retail market you might be undervaluing it by 15-20%. Should you make it available elsewhere, I'd recommend reconsidering your asking price.

Whatever you decide, best of luck with the sale!

On 6/7/2022 at 1:49 PM, ironmike said:

Very nice . . . May we assume the $5600 price is only for this site & its members? 

In today's secondary retail market you might be undervaluing it by 15-20%. Should you make it available elsewhere, I'd recommend reconsidering your asking price.

Whatever you decide, best of luck with the sale!

I'll admit it's been a while since I paid attention to market prices. Also, I'm not sure what is considered a good secondary market. CycleTrader? E-Bay? Facebook Marketplace? I had originally planned on asking $6,600 but wasn't sure if that was too high. I think the Givi set-up alone was expensive but that was purchased by original owner. I'd like to see the bike for a fair price. Do you think $6,600 is fair? (Nothing like asking the people you're trying to sell to what's a good asking price. 🙄)

"Everyone" is telling me that things are inflated.  Reality is that I'm not seeing a huge jump in actual selling price for many things.  "Everyone" told me my RV trailer would "for sure" sell for over $18k.  Yeah, couple nibbles, no sale at $18k.  Neighbor put his UTV up for the high price everyone said would be an easy sale.  Nope.  I smell a rat.  I can't help thinking of the book, "Extraordinary popular delusions and the madness of crowds."  It was about a time in history when markets went to crazy values for no reason than everyone saying it was.

Also seems to vary by area and season.  Bottom line, none of us probably really know.

Carlos makes a valid point--there are a lot of variables, and you never know. However, nothing ventured--nothing gained.

IMHO, if you advertised at a bit more that $7K in the venues mentioned you might realize close to $6.5-7K.

I'd still recommend staying at $5.6K for site members--you never know. 

Just sold 2003 26k full Givi set up and a few more farkles for 6k. The guy didn’t even blink or try to offer me less then asking price

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, googus said:

Just sold 2003 26k full Givi set up and a few more farkles for 6k. The guy didn’t even blink or try to offer me less then asking price

Thanks! I really appreciate the real world info. It definitely helps. 

• Upvote 1

• John from NWO changed the title to $6,000: 2003 Blackbird, 18k, Givi bags, excellent condition, always covered in heated shop
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2022 at 3:19 PM, ironmike said:

Carlos makes a valid point--there are a lot of variables, and you never know. However, nothing ventured--nothing gained.

IMHO, if you advertised at a bit more that $7K in the venues mentioned you might realize close to $6.5-7K.

I'd still recommend staying at $5.6K for site members--you never know. 

Thanks, ironmike. I'm asking $6,000k but would take OBO from site members. I've done a pretty miserable job of selling the bike locally. Every time I get ready to list the bike on CycleTrader, I start having second thoughts about selling and put it off. It's WAY more fun to buy cool bikes than it is to sell them.

• Upvote 2

Best of luck with the sale. BTW, it's a good idea--especially with a model so close to OEM originality--to specifically mention if you have all the original parts (e.g.: those not appearing in any photos, like the original passenger grab handle & hardware). 

I don't have the original passenger grab handle. I'd assume you could get one on E-Bay but I've never wanted it because I mostly used the bike for trips and Givi bags were mounted.