CBR1100XX.org Forum

Sink drainer bowl options

Zero Knievel

The photos below is what we have.  3” across…bowl may be 3.5”.  Not sure what dimensions they use for size…although they likely are all the same size.

I need something that will work with the bowl below.  The item I have is a piece of shit, and the local stores carry the same crap.  All metal, and if the rubber bit could be solid and not hollow so it doesn’t become a breeding ground for slime mold.  Any sources I should check out?

D76959FC-C116-4FD3-9A2E-B89E76708658.jpeg.b4febb900fc7f9aeba07d3b4f0cd613d.jpeg

C33EB68F-EA7E-4103-9511-831C0DC42819.jpeg.682f78851b529a723ebcbf4fa1f80102.jpeg

971A9C50-1F52-420E-B983-2735DB98530F.jpeg.c0817ab4e25bb24bbc1315778caaae5e.jpeg

Yeah, that is the same piece of shit everyone has, and the only way you're getting something good is with a $5k sink.  I've tried also.  That said, I never fill my sinks any more, and I have to wonder if you're hand washing stuff?

9 hours ago, SwampNut said:

Yeah, that is the same piece of shit everyone has, and the only way you're getting something good is with a $5k sink.  I've tried also.  That said, I never fill my sinks any more, and I have to wonder if you're hand washing stuff?

Some items get hand washed.  Meal prep.  Pre-clean before loading into washer.

Never had these issues with past sinks.

8 hours ago, XXitanium said:

...same size cover as a garbage disposal? ...or do you need it to strain?

Needs to work like the original.  First bowl set was all metal, but was a “screw to seal” which d worked, but was more trouble than a standard one.  I just figured people made better quality ones.  Price of sink should be irrelevant…the bowl is a separate component.

5 hours ago, Zero Knievel said:

Pre-clean before loading into washer.

Unless your machine is ancient and shitty, don't do that.

5 hours ago, Zero Knievel said:

Price of sink should be irrelevant…the bowl is a separate component.

Doesn't matter what you think "should" be, the expensive sinks have different drain arrangements.

1 hour ago, SwampNut said:

Unless your machine is ancient and shitty, don't do that.

Um, no.  Unless you run the machine daily (we don't), it will stink...bad.  Even then, if you aren't prepared to clean out the filter mechanism after each wash, precleaning prevents damage to the unit.

No, not really.  This is what we do, it rarely stinks.  Pre-cleaning doesn't prevent damage, but it does prevent the dirt sensor in most modern machines being able to do its job.  According to every objective test, pre-cleaning usually makes the dishes LESS clean.

Are you properly cleaning the machine itself, with a dishwasher cleaner regularly?

1 hour ago, SwampNut said:

No, not really.  This is what we do, it rarely stinks.  Pre-cleaning doesn't prevent damage, but it does prevent the dirt sensor in most modern machines being able to do its job.  According to every objective test, pre-cleaning usually makes the dishes LESS clean.

Are you properly cleaning the machine itself, with a dishwasher cleaner regularly?

I don't believe the manual calls for more than checking the debris filter regularly.  If a smell persists when it's empty, then we run a solution to sanitize the unit.

We don't pre-clean, run it whenever it's full, never cleaned the machine, and it doesn't stink.  Maybe it's because we leave the door unlatched.-?  We've never let it sit latched so I don't know if it would stink.

The front load washing machine will stink if it's left closed so we leave that cracked open too, I had to rig it so that the door isn't sitting wide open and in the way.

If your only issue with the stopper is that it becomes nasty, throw it in the dishwasher with the dishes.  There are lots of plain stoppers out there without the metal strainer part.  I don't know what you're seeking, your post read as if you were drunk or something, not like you.