CBR1100XX.org Forum

2010 BMW 1200 RT Hopefully last-last bump

(Max BMW) Purchased 2016 with mileage in the 29,000 range. Comes with bag liners and tank bag. Top Case from another year (and color) and Garmin Zumo available. Selling for a buddy who moved to Florida.

Mileage 36651.

$5500.00 / $3000 below book. Just not getting the lack of interest.

IMG_2560.jpg

IMG_2561.jpg

IMG_2563.jpg

IMG_2565_3.jpg

Edited by Dotetcher
Price reduced

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dotetcher changed the title to 2010 BMW 1200 RT Bump and Price drop.
  • 9 months later...

I have no idea what a real price is for this bike, but:

a.  I lust for it because I haven't ridden one, but it looks like my thing.

2.  The amount of time that it's been unsold is interesting to me, and makes me wonder about the general state of the market.

iii.  What's his next move if it doesn't sell?

53 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

I have no idea what a real price is for this bike, but:

a.  I lust for it because I haven't ridden one, but it looks like my thing.

2.  The amount of time that it's been unsold is interesting to me, and makes me wonder about the general state of the market.

iii.  What's his next move if it doesn't sell?

BMW's have never been my thing but I've ridden with those who swear by them. Like us with the XX. This is a nice bike in very good condition. If you look on Cycle trader there is one other bike with the same color and graphics and more miles listed for 8995. There are some cheaper but I don't know condition.

I spent February and March in Florida. Had a couple of bites but was 1500 miles away. Now back in New York.

Next move? I may ride it to Florida and fly home.

Gonna be in Tucson in August. I could drop it off. :)

According to a collector I know (retired dealer), $5-7K or about $3K trade-in . . . He also said there may not be the usual Spring bump in used prices this year (actual selling prices, as opposed to asking prices) despite increased 2023 MSRP throughout the industry; sales are down across the board. 

These are great bikes that ride and handle very well.  They take just a little to get use to as the torques does tend to want the lean the bike over at slower RPMs.  They are ultra-stable at speed and dragging pegs can be accomplished pretty confidently.  These handle way better than they have a right to.  You can embarrass/surprise a lot of riders on "better" bikes fairly easily. The size disappears quickly with speed.   High speed highway miles and these go well together.  I loved my 2011 and love my new 2022 even more.  Windscreen matching is probably the biggest issue. Even with the adjustable screen, the fit for each individual can be a bit finicky  Followed by seat comfort....both have extensive aftermarket options.... .   They are bullet proof in this vintage.  If you buy one, get the GS911 from Hexcode that allows you to access all the setting to make changes and service rests easily.  Service items are easy and readily accessible. 

65829874679__B7507458-4733-4C73-ACAA-0585C232DB87.JPEG

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Zero Knievel said:

Anyone else disgusted by how great deals pop up just after you no longer need (or can afford) them? 🥺

The buzzkll for me is that they're always on the wrong side of the country.

• Upvote 1

On 4/16/2023 at 5:55 PM, CALCXX said:

Rode of of those for a few hours on twisty roads. I liked it. 

As been said before, it takes a little to get use to it.

Same. I test rode a similar bike as a motor cop, was part of a neighboring city's traffic fleet. The torque shift at slow speeds in cone patterns was interesting until you got used to it and could merely ignore it.

• Dotetcher changed the title to 2010 BMW 1200 RT Hopefully last-last bump

On 5/27/2022 at 9:04 AM, Dotetcher said:

$5500.00 / $3000 below book. Just not getting the lack of interest.

Two sources I saw put the value at $5670-5900.  The lower one was based on average asking prices, not sure about the other.  Since neither source accounts for options, if this is a low optioned bike it'll be below those prices and vice versa.

There's a couple newer but higher mileage police versions for sale for $4k.

4 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

Two sources I saw put the value at $5670-5900.  The lower one was based on average asking prices, not sure about the other.  Since neither source accounts for options, if this is a low optioned bike it'll be below those prices and vice versa.

There's a couple newer but higher mileage police versions for sale for $4k.

Every option available.

That is soooo tempting, they are such an amazing machine. About 80K trouble free miles on mine.

What's the weather like - as in fly and ride?

Edited by OMG

• 1 month later...

Thanks, Swamp.  Long time since i saw that name.  Good to see the old timers are still with their birds.

My buddies are thinking of a cross country trip next year and i doubt my old body can make it on the bird despite installing VFR bars recently.  Will try to get some lowering pegs as well, but those touring bikes are starting to look attractive.