CBR1100XX.org Forum

Sugar/Sweets/Desserts

DBLXX

I haven’t had red meat since my Heart Attack (steak, burgers, hot dogs) and I’ve made the decision to completely cut out desserts, sugar, sweets, and any type of sugary food this past Saturday.  I had a bowl of ice cream Friday night and it just instantly makes me feel like crap. For me - it’s all or nothing - so I’m choosing nothing. 

17 hours ago, DBLXX said:

I haven’t had red meat since my Heart Attack (steak, burgers, hot dogs) and I’ve made the decision to completely cut out desserts, sugar, sweets, and any type of sugary food this past Saturday.  I had a bowl of ice cream Friday night and it just instantly makes me feel like crap. For me - it’s all or nothing - so I’m choosing nothing. 

Once you get clean, even a little junk feels obviously terrible.  Last week Moriah decided to eat some local sodium/grease bomb food and I said fuck it and joined her.  Ugh, bloated, tired, and my joints hurt the next day.  This all feels "normal" when you eat the usual shit every day.

Last night's "dessert" was some frozen berry/tropical mix in the bender with coconut-based milk substitute, small bit of honey, pile of inulin (which is not only a sweet buffer it's just pure fiber).

On 5/22/2022 at 3:58 PM, DBLXX said:

Yep. I have something sweet once a while-instantly feeling like crap.

Some with any kind of fast food. Once every 4-8 weeks, and it just  part of a "meal", never complete meal. Same result.

Instantly feeling like crap. For about 4-6 hrs.

Can't imagine what entire whopper meal with fries and soda would do to me.

On 5/23/2022 at 6:00 AM, Zero Knievel said:

As the cardiologist says, "If it tastes good, spit it out." ;) 

If it does not taste like sawdust it is probably not good for you.

On the desert list, we have various fruit bowl and smoothing options.  I think I'll do a post just about smoothies.  They can be a meal, or a great dessert that is still real food.  It's also a convenient way to up your inulin and other fiber intake.  The inulin provides sweetening and thickening, win-win.

The power of suggestion.  Had to make one.

Frozen tropical fruit blend

Three big strawberries

One celery

Vanilla almond milk

A few ice cubes

Dash of turmeric and cayenne

39F25DFF-A0EC-4D56-A34A-2DC213864DEF_1_102_o.jpeg

For a good meal shake, natural pure peanut butter, banana, and vanilla/cocoa/etc.  Add berries and it's a PB&J drink.

• 7 months later...

I'm an incorrigible sweets addict. I cannot have it around the house or I will eat it. I get some periodically then have to refrain from buying any more for several weeks. It's been a lifelong problem LOL