CBR1100XX.org Forum

Query.......Canyon Dancer

Guest rockmeupto125

Guest rockmeupto125

Does anyone have/ever use a Canyon Dancer to tie down their bike?

I was hurriedly loading my blue XX last week onto the trailer, and gave up...as I didn't have enough time to figger out how to tie it down without marking it. So........anyone?

my '01 F4 rode 13 hours in the back of a truck tied down with a canyon dancer. worked beautifully.

we didn't really need to, but we also tied the tail of the bike down from the passenger peg mounts (kept ass end from hopping sideways over bumps)

I've always used a Canyon Dancer with no problems. But, decided to try an alternative way to tie the bike down on my last trip. (Mainly because I didn't want to cut slits in my Geza cover for the CD straps to pass thru.)

I used the Ancra soft-tie extensions around the lower part of the triple clamp. This method worked great as well, but, it requires that your tie down points are positioned in such a way that they aren't too far out from the bike, or the straps may rub the inner plastic.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Oh, and never compress your forks all the way down. Only about 50%, so you have some play in either diretion.

The bike-grab products are fine as a paddock stand, but I wouldn't use one when towing. When you hit a bump and your bike tries to bounce up, it'll be putting all that force on your forks when they "top out" (as opposed to bottoming out), since it's only holding the bike down by the tire/wheel.

Works well for my streetbikes, gnarls the hell out of the grips

on my dirt bikes..

:cool: TJ :cool:

Here's what I do. I got a section of pvc pipe with an inside diameter just slightly larger than my grips. I cut two pieces the same length as the grips and slip them on. Then just use these points as tiedowns. No damage to your grips, I have seen Canyon dancer's destroy grips.

Also you have to tie the rear of the bike or it will hop around over bumps.

I used the Canyon Dancer to trailer my bike from Seattle to Sacramento, worked perfectly, not one complaint. (Other than they are over priced.)

Not sure if this pic will post but here is what I did with my trailer. The uprights are 1 1/4" square tubing and are bolted to the trailer both at the bottom of the tubing and at the railing. I used stainless steel bolts and eyebolts. Soft straps go on the bike and then I use a regular Ancra tie down.

trailer1.jpg?bcrN7s.AQ6AiWqyZ

Here's what I do. I got a section of pvc pipe with an inside diameter just slightly larger than my grips. I cut two pieces the same length as the grips and slip them on. Then just use these points as tiedowns. No damage to your grips, I have seen Canyon dancer's destroy grips.

SHIT.....I need to do that. Every time I use the CE to tow the bike...I need ner grips !

Thanks STPETE !

"Rock"

I have one but don't use it anymore, some bikes have a locating pin molded in to the plastic controls on each side. The Canyon dancer will stress these pins and shear them off if not used right. My buddies VFR parts cost $40.00 for each side to replace, something to think about. If you still want one make me an offer!!!

Joe you cant go wrong with them. I just got back from Infineon and hauled the XX around for 2 days in the back of my truck. We drove over to the coast and back put 400 miles on the truck with the bike in the back.

When securing the bike make sure to strap the back side to side with the rear peg mounts too. :grin: It'll keep it from swaying side to side. :wink: