CBR1100XX.org Forum

SOG TAC full auto knife with aluminum body, tanto blade, semi serrated, ST-04

Improper parking?

The squirrel cop was super important in her mind, and the smirks, laughter, and comments were not taken well.  This was before Tasers, so probably would have just got a 9mm up my ass.

5 hours ago, IcePrick said:

A friend of mine from Kansas to the THP Trooper at the Dragon: "$218 speeding ticket?  Fuck, that's a bargain for as much as I got in yesterday, today, and not even counting what I'm gonna do tomorrow!

My friend was a local deputy and used to ride with us. We got pulled over by a Washington State Trooper. When the Trooper told him, "Sir, I had you on radar at 90 plus miles per hour." My buddy shouted, "That is BULLSHIT, I was going at least 100MPH!!" 

Fortunately this Trooper was cool and let us off with a warning..

Probably a topic for another post, but I also fondly recall getting pulled over with Cal, Jeff, Joe and others when we were coming back from an XX meet in Bend, Oregon...Pretty sure I was leading us all passing on a double yellow....LOL. One of them said later, "I was just going to let Tim talk to the cop..."

7 hours ago, IcePrick said:

While they may have a sense of humor, I've never seen evidence.  At least, not one that wasn't at a driver's/rider's expense.

I pull into the AM/PM by my house, back then it was like a Winchell's.  At that moment there were no cops, cool.  By the time I'm walking out there's a bunch, a couple on bikes.  So I mentally prepare myself to leave in quiet mode...that's where I pretend I'm not on a SuperHawk with Jardine high mounts and I idle away pretending that nobody can hear it.  I fire it up and one say's "that sounds cool, give it a rev."  So I give it a tiny blip.  "Nah man, rev it."  So I give about a 3-4k rev.  They seem to be legitimately "just dudes" enjoying a cool bike, but they're the men with guns and ticket books so I don't know what to think or do.  By now there's one walking up behind the bike along with the others around the sides.  "Come on, rev it up."  35 minutes of contemplating my life choices all came together in 2 seconds and I gave it a full rev.  The cop walking up from behind was carrying papers that got blown across the lot and some of the others jumped.  "Damn, that sounds good."  "Be safe out there."  And one laughingly said "loud pipes save lives."

I was at Autozone with my '95 Mustang GT convertible and one of the guys was talking shit about Mustangs being so weak they can barely pull off a burnout.  I back out of the parking spot, clutch dump/power brake and slowly roll though the parking lot smoking the place out.  I exit and as I roll into the left turn lane I see a cop car on the cross street that is going to end up right behind me because of the traffic light pattern.....uh oh.  About a half mile later he lights me up so I pull over and he pulls up next to me; this is strange.  "What was that about back there"?  Well, the counter dude is a Camaro guy and he was talking shit about how weak 5.0 Mustangs are so I just had to put on a little show.  "So it wasn't some kind of road raging thing"?  Nah, I'm not mad, we talk shit all the time.  "Ok...it sounds pretty nice, what did you do to the exhaust?"   Uh oh, here we go.  By the end of the chat he was decided on Dynomax for his Mustang because he loved how mine sounded.

These are pretty old instances so the details might be a bit off, but the basics should be about right.

• Upvote 2

Not "sense of humor" but a somewhat funny cop story.  I ask a cop at AM/PM what he would do if he ran across an otherwise law abiding citizen that was carrying without a CCW.  "If it's concealed nothing happens because I don't know he has it, I have no reason nor right to go around searching people randomly."  Ok, and I appreciate that, but what if it's not well concealed and you see it?  "Well, then I'm forced to arrest him because it's a felony and I'm not allowed to let it go."  But if it's a registered gun in his name it's only a misdemeanor which allows for officer discresion.  "I don't think so."  Please look it up, I"m pretty sure it's only a misdemeanor, so it can only become a felony if you choose to investigate it which is optional.  "I don't think so, but I'll look it up to be sure."

Reader's Digest condensed version.

15 hours ago, TOXXIC said:

What is a squirrel cop?

Federal park ranger.  At least, that's the only way I've heard it.  I was hiking with a friend's daughter and we both wanted a challenging climb, so we did a hill and came out in a place marked no entry.  But going in was unmarked.  I tried to be respectful and she went on a long tirade about "you people" and shit, so I started laughing and talking shit.  I never paid it and they said I had a federal warrant but it never happened as far as I could find.  She put a bunch of my info down wrong, because she was so spitting mad I guess.

This is also how I ended up on the back side of Ruger's ranch in Prescott, with the Jeep, which to me, was far more concerning.  They never put signs in places where they think nobody would ever make it.

5 hours ago, SwampNut said:

Federal park ranger.  At least, that's the only way I've heard it.  I was hiking with a friend's daughter and we both wanted a challenging climb, so we did a hill and came out in a place marked no entry.  But going in was unmarked.  I tried to be respectful and she went on a long tirade about "you people" and shit, so I started laughing and talking shit.  I never paid it and they said I had a federal warrant but it never happened as far as I could find.  She put a bunch of my info down wrong, because she was so spitting mad I guess.

This is also how I ended up on the back side of Ruger's ranch in Prescott, with the Jeep, which to me, was far more concerning.  They never put signs in places where they think nobody would ever make it.

Oh, Federal Park Rangers...I have stories about those clowns. I called them "Mr. Green Jeans", but Squirrel Cop makes sense too.

Funny, Mike talked about Ruger being headquartered in Prescott....I had no idea.

We were looking for Javelina, and going deep into the desert-forest.  Came upon his ranch and big gate, so we ventured out on trails.  An hour later, after many "hold on" events, we see the BACK of the gate ahead.  LOL.

I went fast enough to signal "we are getting the fuck out" and slow enough to say "no fuckery going on here!"

Pretty sure there was a rifle in a window somewhere.

• Upvote 1

On 4/5/2022 at 7:14 AM, SwampNut said:

This is the 13, much smaller, plastic, it's what I wanted (and the one that got stolen by TSA).

Knife arrived and is nice. However, I can see why you would like the plastic one.