CBR1100XX.org Forum

*SOLD* DJI Mini 2 quadcopter with extras

This is like new.  No crashes, always in the case, and only 79 minutes of flight time.  Why?  I loved it so much that I then got an Air 2S, and then I loved that so much that I didn't fly the Mini 2 any more.  The Mini is amazingly tiny and competent, but the camera on the Air 2S is so nice.  I thought I'd fly the Mini when I wanted a pocket drone, but then, never did.  I haven't flow it in months.  It has everything that came with it, including the retail box, plus the stuff below. 

Fly More kit (three batteries, case, extra props, etc).

Extended care coverage with damage and fly away protection, good until 10/1/22.

Freewell bright day polarizing/ND lens kit (seriously required in anything other than low light).

Lens hood, keeps stray light out and lets you store the quad safely without the stupid gimbal cover.

Bright color skin wrap.  Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to make an RC flyer sky colored???  Peels off with no residue if you hate it.

DJI approved Samsung EVO 64GB card.

Antenna enhancer (helps in some cases, not others).

The used kits seem to go for $490 on eBay without the extras.  How about $450 shipped with everything?

It has been unbound from my account and ready to bind to yours.

6C2146E9-1454-42E1-90E5-690C05553A44_1_102_o.jpeg

1F4AC9DB-3240-4F12-92B1-487B1FD294DB_1_102_o.jpeg

FD3DA343-7CEF-43BD-BC61-7946C172E620_1_102_o.jpeg

The weight is under the registration requirement.  It will warn you of the proximity to that type of airspace, but will let you fly, in my experience.  You will not be allowed to fly very close to a major airport.  I flew it right in a flight path once and I had to do an online permission request, which was approved in under one minute, and limited to 100 feet (or 200, maybe).  But I was basically off the end of the runway by half a mile.  I'm at a bit under four miles from a non-tower airstrip and while I technically must get permission to fly it legally, it is not restricted in the app.  The restrictions seem really loose.

Shit, I flew it here, and the only issue I had is while a Harrier flew directly over, I was forced to land.

image.png

• SwampNut changed the title to *SOLD* DJI Mini 2 quadcopter with extras
On 3/21/2022 at 7:58 AM, SwampNut said:

Shit, I flew it here, and the only issue I had is while a Harrier flew directly over, I was forced to land

My Grandfather lived on Stock Island for over 30 years after he married a Cuban and retired from the Navy. Cool seeing it on the map. 

LOL.  And yeah, that sucked.  No reason for it, just DJI being the fucking scumbags that they are.  The GPU power is there, the software is just a checkbox.  Their excuse is the lack of anti-collision on the Mini, where the Air 2 series mostly can't run into anything.  But lots of others have had follow modes with zero anti-collision for a long time.  Just don't be a retard.

The anti-collision isn't without penalty however.  I still need to figure out easy ways around it.  I wanted to fly between some close trees (but safe enough with care).  Basically a tunnel of tree cover.  Nope.  Yes it can be disabled, I just need to make a button for it or something so I'm not digging through menus while trying to fly.