CBR1100XX.org Forum

I ate breakfast at McDonald's today

SwampNut

I haven't been to McD in at least ten years.  I don't eat breakfast.  I also haven't left the house before 9am in many years, because, why the fuck would you?  But I was up early and needed to run an early errand, let's be weird.

I ate half of my sausage McMuffin with egg.  Their breakfast sandwiches were always the only actual edible thing there, and now...not satisfying at all.  Just pure junk food with no payoff.  I have no idea what I saw in them way back, but my tastes/cravings/addictions have change for sure.  I've also totally lost any desire for steak.  Oddly for a while I gained a craving for fried chicken, which was not something I ate much at all before changing diet.

My gut bacteria are schizophrenic.

https://www.gutxy.com/blog/understanding-the-role-of-gut-microbes-on-eating-behaviour/#:~:text=Previous research has shown that,interfere with normal appetite regulation.

Gut Bacteria Controls Food Appetite

The obesity epidemic and increasing number of eating disorders in people globally suggests there is an insufficiency in our basic understanding of altered appetite. Appetite is fundamental when treating such chronic pathological conditions, therefore, it is crucial to understand how our body generates and regulates it3. Previous research has shown that gut microbial proteins influences the host control of appetite.

LOL  You were mighty brave today, props to you for surviving.

Been forever since I have even set foot in a MCD.

Now back in the very good ole days, I lived and worked not far from their original headquarters in Oak Brook, Ill.

They had a flagship store in the corporate building and we could get free burgers for lunch on and off.

They did seem to taste better back then, but still was not a fan.   Did like the fries tho.   Still not going back...    :P

Well neither I nor my stomach have outgrown McD's yet. Still get food from them occasionally. Admit it's not great and doesn't have the appeal it once did but handy if you just need to shove something quick down your pie-hole and move on. I do like their chocolate shakes though.

I can't remember the last time I craved McD's, but I think I know what's for lunch today.  Two cheeseburger combo, discard the bottom bread from each to create a double cheeseburger, perfection.

A friend is visiting, and wanted to go for pizza last night.  Now, none of the best pizza joints have anything rational to eat other than pizza, so I said fuck it.  At least it was a slightly less shitty pizza with a very thin crust and lighter (ish) toppings.  Today I'm up 3.7 pounds, I am farting every 45 seconds, and I feel bloated and gassy.  I'd forgotten that's "normal" when you're constantly eating trash.  I do this to myself a couple times a month for various reasons like company requesting it, and I'm getting less and less tolerant of it when I'm reminded I feel shitty.

1 hour ago, SwampNut said:

A friend is visiting, and wanted to go for pizza last night.  Now, none of the best pizza joints have anything rational to eat other than pizza, so I said fuck it.  At least it was a slightly less shitty pizza with a very thin crust and lighter (ish) toppings.  Today I'm up 3.7 pounds, I am farting every 45 seconds, and I feel bloated and gassy.  I'd forgotten that's "normal" when you're constantly eating trash.  I do this to myself a couple times a month for various reasons like company requesting it, and I'm getting less and less tolerant of it when I'm reminded I feel shitty.

Was the pizza cut in squares or normal triangle slices? It's a well known fact that triangle slices digest more easily due to them being the only correct way to cut a round pizza.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 11:37 AM, superhawk996 said:

I can't remember the last time I craved McD's, but I think I know what's for lunch today.  Two cheeseburger combo, discard the bottom bread from each to create a double cheeseburger, perfection.

i don’t get Rotten Ronnies often but when I do I usually get a McDouble. Sounds like what you make. 

Unethical LPT for Mc'd breakfast mcMuffin. This works 8/10 times for me when it's busy. I order a sausage mcmuffin, on the app. Receive a sausage mcmuffin with egg. 

I'm admittedly a "trying to reform" junk food junkie.  Mc'D is supposed to be almost the same all over the world, but even between the US and Canada there's a big difference, their meat is different and US chicken nuggets are gross and nothing like the ones in Canada. Maybe I should say more gross? 

Meat and dairy is better in Canadastan. Even cheap veriaty is actually eatable and tastes like food.

In USA something like cheap milk in plastic containers from Walmart tastes like, literally, cow shit. Truly awful. No so much in Canada. 

Food is more expensive in Canada 🇨🇦 but quality is definitely b

etter.

On the other hand, beer is way more expensive and definitely behind US microbrews in quality. 

I always bring my own beer when I go to Canada. 

Illegally of course.🤐

Edited by tomek
  • Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 2:36 PM, tomek said:

On the other hand, beer is way more expensive and definitely behind US microbrews in quality. 

Illegally of course.🤐

For historical reference: This is how the Canada USA war started in 2022. 

Just kidding, because you're talking about micro brew, it would be a war fought by hipsters. Seriously though, if you're ever in Canada around Montreal, hit me up, I'll get you a list of micro breweries that are worth the detour.There are some amazing micro brews on both sides of the border, but generally I avoid all brewery beers like molson coors etc.. The exception being Yuengling.

Q: What do american beer and making love in a canoe have in common?

A: It's fucking close to water. 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 3:36 PM, tomek said:

Illegally of course.🤐

Its been a long time since I've had any American dope but it must be great now too; I'd like to have a few puffs of whatever is in your pipe if it has you thinking American beer is better than Canadian beer.  Heh. It is expensive here, highly taxed.

4 hours ago, Nova Scotia Mike said:

Its been a long time since I've had any American dope but it must be great now too; I'd like to have a few puffs of whatever is in your pipe if it has you thinking American beer is better than Canadian beer.  Heh. It is expensive here, highly taxed.

Well, I had some local and localish beer in Jasper/banff/Lake Louis area and it was OK, but I've had better merican brews

I've never been in Eastern half of Canadastan, so it is uninformed opinion, but I stick to it for right know.🤐

Now, I was shocked to discover they  make pretty good vine in BC. Not cheap, but damn good. Osoyos (spelling?) area.

5 hours ago, Nova Scotia Mike said:

If there are good Canadian beers, they never make it past the border.  I mean, compared to swill like Budweiser, everyday Canadian beer is great.  But I have yet to find any exceptional Canadian beers and I've tried (compared to today's great microbrews and craft).

On 1/2/2022 at 1:34 PM, SwampNut said:

If there are good Canadian beers, they never make it past the border.  I mean, compared to swill like Budweiser, everyday Canadian beer is great.  But I have yet to find any exceptional Canadian beers and I've tried (compared to today's great microbrews and craft).

We keep the good ones to ourselves, sorry. (not sorry).

Anything mass produced is just like McDonalds, it will fill the hole and the crapper, but it's not satisfying. 

On 1/11/2022 at 2:57 AM, XXitanium said:

That's good beer. 

How many of you guys have Culver's FF restaurant chains? I ordered a crispy chicken sandwich, with no mayo. It slowed them down, but it was scorching hot when it came out, no fries.

I don't need the extra mayo fat/calories.

https://www.culvers.com/

Edited by XXitanium

There are couple in Northern Illinoiz. Have not been there in years, like 10. My ex would always try to drag me there, no, she was not fat. Quite the opposite, 5' 10" and 120 pounds. Lol.

16 hours ago, XXitanium said:

That's good beer. 

How many of you guys have Culver's FF restaurant chains? I ordered a crispy chicken sandwich, with no mayo. It slowed them down, but it was scorching hot when it came out, no fries.

I don't need the extra mayo fat/calories.

https://www.culvers.com/

Just took a look and we got a bunch of them in the Tampa area.

Seen commercials here and there, maybe after this endorsement, I will have to give one a try.  B)