CBR1100XX.org Forum

Brake rotors and pads... any preferences?

redwingedblackbird

9 hours ago, redwingedblackbird said:

Seems that it's time to replace the rotors and pads
What's the general recommendation on these items for street and spirited canyon runs?
No track days in the future... mostly casual rides with some fun corners
System is de-linked if that info is relevant
thanks

Do you happen to have the Whitebird that went to me, then Carlos, then back to you?  I seem to recall that the pads were getting on the thin side, but the rotors looked fine.  I didn't measure them, but they didn't look to need replacing.

Greens are nice, slightly mushy when wet.  HH are aggressive, and I really liked them.  I ran various Galfers and always liked them also.

Yes, that's whitebird's owner.  I thought I put new pads on it, or at least, I ordered them.  I think maybe I did fronts and not rears.  I should check my moto parts box and see if I managed to order them and forget them. 

Wait, where am I?  What was I doing?  Who are you?

4 hours ago, SwampNut said:

Greens are nice, slightly mushy when wet.  HH are aggressive, and I really liked them.  I ran various Galfers and always liked them also.

Yes, that's whitebird's owner.  I thought I put new pads on it, or at least, I ordered them.  I think maybe I did fronts and not rears.  I should check my moto parts box and see if I managed to order them and forget them. 

Didn't you sell some uninstalled things after selling the bike?  Maybe brake pads?

11 hours ago, blackhawkxx said:

I like the EBC HH green pads but really haven't tried too many other aftermarket pads. 

+1. 

On 12/3/2021 at 9:00 AM, SwampNut said:

haha.... yea I'm the whitebird owner... again (thanks to swampnut)
Had a new set of tires put on and shop mentioned that rotors and pads should be checked into...
Bike is still in AZ at my bud's place, so I haven't personally pulled the calipers to check the pads and haven't measured the rotor thickness/runout
I don't know if you swapped in new pads or not
Heading out to AZ late this month and will inspect... if you happen to have a new set of pads let me know  ;) 
Thanks yall...  RedWings

On 12/3/2021 at 4:53 AM, blackhawkxx said:

I like the EBC HH green pads but really haven't tried too many other aftermarket pads. 

Organic or sintered? I believe sintered have HH rating. 

6 hours ago, redwingedblackbird said:

haha.... yea I'm the whitebird owner... again (thanks to swampnut)
Had a new set of tires put on and shop mentioned that rotors and pads should be checked into...
Bike is still in AZ at my bud's place, so I haven't personally pulled the calipers to check the pads and haven't measured the rotor thickness/runout
I don't know if you swapped in new pads or not
Heading out to AZ late this month and will inspect... if you happen to have a new set of pads let me know  ;) 
Thanks yall...  RedWings

I didn't measure the rotors, but they looked fine.  And there was no sign of warpage.  I kinda recall the pads being on the low side, but that might be my other Bird.