CBR1100XX.org Forum

2018 Seadoo GTX155 FS

For sale is my 2018 Seadoo GTX155. This is a fully loaded N/A PWC. With 75 hours on it and counting. All services zones and runs as it should.

Trinton Trailer lost title but have bill of sale

Seadoo sound Bluetooth speakers

reboarding ladder

cruise control 

adjustable handlebars

Variable trim system 

neutral start up 

break system

some minor dock rash other then that it’s a nice PWC

AC20523B-19DD-41C5-9240-604EBFA3E79E.jpeg

17C59ACD-8A55-4E7A-8C5F-C05C2661B495.jpeg

52056A9C-7155-44E5-94C8-FC50050BBABF.jpeg

"No title" is the keyword I look for to assume "scam."  It takes minutes and $4 to get a new title here (just did it last week), so lack of title to me says either scam or a low effort person and I question the item's maintenance.

Nice boat though.

To add to that, if an out of state buyer wants it he's even more likely to pass on it.  In some states transferring ownership within the state on a bill of sale isn't a big deal, most have their own form, "transfer with duplicate title" or something like that, which will have to be filled out.  Going into a different state can be a huge problem.  AZ and CA both require the actual title for anything coming from out of state.  I know you well enough to trust that it's not stolen and I would't buy it unless it was cheap enough that I could throw the trailer away.

33 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

"No title" is the keyword I look for to assume "scam."  It takes minutes and $4 to get a new title here (just did it last week), so lack of title to me says either scam or a low effort person and I question the item's maintenance.

Right up there with "easy fix"/"cheap fix" to describe some problem the vehicle has.

Getting a replacement title here takes a few weeks, assuming everything goes well.  Nobody can print them but the DMV headquarters in Sacramento.

Great advise it’s hard with the Covid crap to chalk out a whole day at the DMV and ridiculous lines. I just lost the title to the trailer and I live 5min from the lake and another state that doesn’t need trailer tags so I didn’t think it to be a big deal since I have original paperwork for trailers the Ski is fully documented.

I have two guys coming to look at it this weekend. If it doesn’t sell I will take the advice on obtaining a title for the trailer. 

oh and I go out all year long on it:)

10 hours ago, SwampNut said:

I don't understand how the state that covers silicon valley can be so far behind on tech.

It's California.

I mailed off a duplicate title request early/mid September and the check still hasn't cleared.  I called DMV Wednesday, they were supposed to call back, nothing.  I called again today and the person said that they're currently working on stuff that arrived 9/15 so it should be close, but wouldn't give any estimate on much longer it'll be.  I asked how long after the check clears should I expect to see the title, about 3 weeks.  3 weeks?!?  It should be 3 days, but it's California government employees.

When I call AZ MVD I get a human pretty quickly and so far they've all been cheerful and helpful.  As soon as they realize that I need level 2 support they make it happen.  The CA people never answer but they have a call back system which is better than holding for over an hour like it used to be, so far it's 2 out of 3 to actually get the call.  And one of them didn't even know the fee for a duplicate title but thought she did so she gave me the wrong price.  Luckily I double checked before sending the form otherwise the 3 month wait would have been completely wasted.

I've been wanting to come out for a visit and waiting since the title 'should be here any minute' for several months.  The person that owns it kept saying she was going to do the request and I finally gave up and did it myself after waiting a couple months.  The car has a few years of back fees so AZ registration to the rescue.  It's a free Civic so I want it, but paying the CA fees would eat up a lot of it's value.

I figure I will post this here instead of starting a new thread.

I never sold anything of this value before how would you except payment?

cashiers check—how do you know it’s legit and has funds to cover

Zelle

paypal 

?

I have a guy coming today to look at it.

thanks

I've always done cash.  There's no way to know if a check is good unless you're in the bank when they draft it.  Paypal can easily be reversed.  Zelle might be safer, but not entirely.  On the one occassion where the buyer didn't want to travel with so much cash (east coast fly-in) we went to the bank together where he pulled cash.  If you both have the same bank you could walk in and have it transferred, I would double check with them to be sure, but I think that can't reversed later.

• Like 1

I've had two buyers that tried hard to not use cash, both seemed very legit, both went to the bank and got cash.  I was 99.9% sure their checks would be good, but wasn't going to chance it.

1 hour ago, googus said:

I figure I will post this here instead of starting a new thread.

I never sold anything of this value before how would you except payment?

cashiers check—how do you know it’s legit and has funds to cover

Zelle

paypal 

?

I have a guy coming today to look at it.

thanks

Zelle is fine with me, not reversible.  (As I found out when a friend of a friend got taken in a scam, as the one paying.) I've used it to pay and to receive on the spot doing a deal.  It clears in seconds (technically, while you can use the money instantly, the ACH happens as a background transaction at the fed in six hours).

No paper instruments of any kind, no way, unless you meet AT the bank and the bank verifies it.  There is no such thing as a provably good check, draft, or order.  Anything can be faked.

I'd accept a wire, nobody has asked.

I've done a deal at the bank where they were financing, and the bank offered me a bank check or direct ACH to my account.  Obviously, I trust the bank to "send the money later" with an ACH.

I sold a boat to someone where we had time for me to have it picked up, checked by a yard, she sent ACH, and a week later I released the boat to her shipper.

Paypal has reversibility, I would not take it for an on the spot transaction.  I know this because a seller tried to scam me when I used Paypal, and I was able to recover against him (hidden damage they specifically said was not the case).

34 minutes ago, superhawk996 said:

IIRC Zelle can be reversed, but not as easily as Paypal.  It has to be reversed through the bank that funded the payment, not directly through Zelle.

Every bank involved, and a lawyer, said no.  Or, that it could only be done in some extreme cases.  This was Justin falling for the common lease deposit scam.  Proven scam, cops and lawyer involved, two banks, everyone said it can't be reversed.

39 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

Every bank involved, and a lawyer, said no.  Or, that it could only be done in some extreme cases.  This was Justin falling for the common lease deposit scam.  Proven scam, cops and lawyer involved, two banks, everyone said it can't be reversed.

I just rechecked and you're right.  It must have been some other service I was confusing with Zelle; good to know!

3 hours ago, googus said:

Do you know the limit of Zelle?

It's dependent on your profile and the recipient's profile, along with how each bank decides to calculate the risk score.  According to Wells Fargo I can send an "unlimited" amount on my side (25 years with them, FICO 790) but would be limited by the other side.  I recall one time I had issues sending over $1k but don't recall the exact amount, and the dude said he'd run into this before.  I'm pretty sure nobody ever is going to send $13k.  I think you can call your bank and ask, but this would depend on them calling their bank to find out.

Oh, also, first-time sending is lower than multiple times to the same person.

I can confirm Zelle is secure and can't be reversed. Bad if you are dumb and get scammed into sending funds via Zelle. No recourse to back the transaction out.

I sold my Harley a while back and accepted payment via Venmo. It was not ideal, and I did my research on the buyers. (When I asked Carlos and Oscar about Venmo they both cringed. LOL). The buyer of the Harley was a nurse and her husband worked Security for the State and we had a mutual acquaintance. So I rolled with it...was only $5500 and I was able to see the funds hit my account when they made the transfer via Venmo.

I took $12K cash out of the bank to buy a Jeep last week.  Bank Tellers quizzing me pretty hard why I needed so much money.🙄  When I let them know the seller wanted cash they relented and advised, "There have been a lot of counterfeit Cashier's Checks going around lately."

1 hour ago, TOXXIC said:

"There have been a lot of counterfeit Cashier's Checks going around lately."

I received my first one over 20 years ago, craigslist car sale.  'Nobody' knew about the scam back then.  My bank said it looked legit, the bank it was made by said it seemed legit, the bank it was funded by said it seemed legit.  It wasn't 'till I pressed them on the issue that it was discovered that the check number I was holding had recently cleared for a different amount.  Extra retard points for the woman I was talking to: she was loudly speaking in a demeaning tone for questioning the validity of the check, even after she said it had already cleared and for a different amount.  Nobody at the bank cared that someone had enough info on this account to write checks that appeared legit, it was in a normal number/timeframe sequence with other checks being run through the account which is what initially made them say it seemed legit.

• Upvote 1

I have bought and sold gun items and I/they requested USPS money orders. You can only buy $1k per money order so, it's a little hassle.

Never heard of any disputes over USPS money orders. Federal forgery or fraud with the US Postmaster is a big deal. I never had any doubts.