CBR1100XX.org Forum

21/22 winter or 2004 r1 resurrection project.

tomek

5 hours ago, blackhawkxx said:

There are others on here that were looking at your project. 

Nothing new happened, too busy with life. 

Once I get going again I'll start new thread. 

We'll see how it will take for Cuban Moron to shit on it. Again.

Edited by tomek

Cuban missile crisis.

I had opened the project posts since I figured moto stuff could at least be useful and intelligent.  I didn't comment because I don't want to be accused of somehow damaging "his" threads.  Then he goes and nukes it himself.  LOL!  Wonder what went wrong?

13 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

LOL!  Wonder what went wrong?

Ask Cuban Moron. He is, allegedly, your brother although I don't  believe it. 

I cannot comprehend how one is intelligent, and younger one dumb like a shoe.

BTW, just like I predicted. Quick reaction time.

27 minutes ago, superhawk996 said:

Funny how the first person that shit on it garnered no attention, but when it's me you just can't resist.  Your CMDS is showing.

Cuban Moron has spoken again. 

I don't read Slapper's posts, he is on permanent ignore. 

I do open your posts from time to time, usually it is fucking mistake, but at least I keep giving you a chance.

You only challenge my patience and tolerance level on stupidity.

You are too dumb to challenge me intellectually, so I refuse to engage. Your understanding of high performance engines stops at basics of Otto cycle. I see no point in any discussion with you on those particular matters.

Plus, you spin, lie, gaslight, twist, etc. It is like trying to hit moving target.

Not interested. 

Pretty much.  No threats of violence this time around (yet), but all the other usual stuff.  Cuban moron is too stupid try to educate...but only when I've challenged him.  When I ask/comment about something he had no part in creating he'll answer, like he did earlier in this thread.  When I question something he's done then I'm "too moron to bother trying."  He likes using light weight oil for track duty because he knows more than everyone else and got pissy when I implied a connection between that and his fried track motor.

16 minutes ago, superhawk996 said:

He likes using light weight oil for track duty

Non-detergent 50w with acetone to thin it?

And for the record, I would never have shit on the garage thread if OP didn't destroy it himself.  I was interested in the progress.

5 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

And for the record, I would never have shit on the garage thread if OP didn't destroy it himself.  I was interested in the progress.

Ask Cuban Moron how he shit on it. You did say you were interested.

But, of course, no Cuban was ever responsible for anything bad,or was wrong on anything. Ever.

BTW, Cuban is not the race, so not racist. Prejudiced against Cubans? 

Totally, thanks to two pukes like both of you. 

3 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

Non-detergent 50w with acetone to thin it?

5-30 I think.  I don't remember if he had a reason that thinner oil is better for hard use or just no reason against it.

I didn't think that piggy-backing on Slapp's comment was going to become a shitting or I wouldn't have.  I figured that after the peaceful exchanges and appeals to his knowledge he'd be over being so sensitive about me and be able to laugh it off.  If it was my build thread I wouldn't have stopped, especially for a moron.  Logic would dictate.....fuck, my moron is showing.  Never mind.

This is all too much like telling a little girl that her macaroni art isn't going to go in the Smithsonian.

I've never heard of changing oil weight for the track.  Or, haven't heard about it since the 80s or so, and shit like the "Valvoline racing 20/50" craze.  Still not sure if that was real, or what effect it had.  Obviously, lots of people run ultra-light oils for power, but accept the cost of parts replacement.  It seems like an interesting and rational discussion to have.  With someone.  Not this one.

11 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

With someone.  Not this one.

Certainly not with Cuban Moron.

There is a thread about it in Garage. 

Anyway, failure happened due to obstruction of oil pick up screen by plastic from one of camchain guides. 

One of links on camchain broke and was scrapping the guide. Plastic powder like residue totally covered the screen so the oil flow was, obviously, severely obstructed, and number 4 rod bearing spun.

#4 rod bearing is the last one in oil feed "food chain", so if for some reason oil flow is obstructed it fails first.

It is called "wheelie" bearing  precisely for that reason. 

Of course Cuban Moron is unaware of that but totally immune to facts in the this particular case, but due to countless severe ass syndromes he keeps pushing that "oil too thin" nonsense. For years now.

So fuck Cuvan Moron. I've had enough of that Cuban piece of shit. 

17 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

This is all too much like telling a little girl that her macaroni art isn't going to go in the Smithsonian.

I've never heard of changing oil weight for the track.  Or, haven't heard about it since the 80s or so, and shit like the "Valvoline racing 20/50" craze.  Still not sure if that was real, or what effect it had.  Obviously, lots of people run ultra-light oils for power, but accept the cost of parts replacement.  It seems like an interesting and rational discussion to have.  With someone.  Not this one.

Every vehicle manual I've read that gives a separate oil recommendation for heavy duty use, consistent high speed use, or track use says to run a heavier weight oil.    One example is the C7 Vette; 0-40 for the street, 15-50 track.  Ford 6.7 powerstroke: 5-40 or 15-40 for normal use, 15-40 only for heavy use.  It's in the manual and even stated on the fill cap.

Drag racers often run lighter oils in the engine, trans, and diff.  They never get the oil hot so it's fine, and probably better than a heavier oil.

Lighter oil will probably be a power advantage all the way 'till it stops being able to prevent metal contact.  It's amazing how much power it takes to pump thick oil.  I think you were there when I let the smoke out of a 1/2" gear reduction drill motor priming the pumps on the new motors in the Wellcraft.

28 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

I run 0W-40 Amsoil in my Busa drag bike, but also run an extra quart, to insure the oil pick-up stays submerged.  The lighter oil helps negate some of the horsepower loss associated with higher than stock oil level.

For road-racing application, I would never run a viscosity other than the factory recommendation, unless the motor had been modified in a way that would require thinner or thicker oil.  For street duty, thinner oil might net you a couple more MPG, but I wouldn't feel comfortable giving up the safety margin.

Non of this matters is Tomek's case, because he had what we call a true "what the fuck!" failure, that no one would suspect/catch until it went boom.  I'm surprised all it did was spin a bearing.  Actually, thinner oil probably made it last longer.

Edited by jon haney

19 minutes ago, jon haney said:

Actually, thinner oil probably made it last longer.

Yup, thinner oil will get around the screen blockage more easily.

The thinned oil could have caused the damage to the guides leading to the blockage.  It would seem reasonable that a lube problem would effect metal on metal parts more, but neglected oil has caused lots of chain guide damage in cars so overly thin oil might also.  One of my customers found out the hard way to not put Amsoil's 25k mile oil to the test willy nilly.  Fortunately it only needed the timing parts replaced.

In the oil's defense, he probably went over the miles and never checked the level.  And I think his engine was on their short list of "don't do 25k with this engine."

23 minutes ago, superhawk996 said:

Yup, thinner oil will get around the screen blockage more easily.

The thinned oil could have caused the damage to the guides leading to the blockage.  It would seem reasonable that a lube problem would effect metal on metal parts more, but neglected oil has caused lots of chain guide damage in cars so overly thin oil might also.  

Hey, Cuban Moron, what part of "one of links broke" and was scrapping guides, don't you understand?

That is perfect illustration I cannot have rational discussion with you. You spin, twist, gaslight, never admit anything, take responsibility for anything, not me, you'll come up with even more bullshit, etc.

Edited by tomek

9 minutes ago, XXitanium said:

...looking forward to it. Winters are long and dark up here.

I know. Wuz in Marinette WI yesterday. 

Couple littoral ship are being built there.

No pics cause I'm not interested in being charged with espionage, and sent to one of CIA secret prisons in Poland.🤐

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 1:12 PM, tomek said:

Anyway, failure happened due to obstruction of oil pick up screen by plastic from one of camchain guides. 

One of links on camchain broke and was scrapping the guide. Plastic powder like residue totally covered the screen so the oil flow was, obviously, severely obstructed, and number 4 rod bearing spun.

So this was the engine you smoked by prying on/damaging the cam chain Got it.