CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fake Honda Oil Filters

blackhawkxx

On 11/2/2021 at 11:36 AM, Zero Knievel said:

I used Purolator One.

We use Honda now. PLUS, we put new crush washers on the drain plug.

Also, if you're comparison shopping beware that there are American and Chinese made versions, not counterfeit, but 'legit' Craftsman made in both countries.  I don't know if they're priced accordingly in stores or if they all run together and it's luck of the draw as to what you get.  The ebay photo isn't good enough for me to say which one they are, but I heavily lean towards Chinese because of the apparent differences in the stamping depth of the sizes.  Shitty stampings is one of the most obvious features of the China version, in some cases parts of the numbers are completely missing.  This doesn't guarantee that the tool is inferior, but it's a good indication of not giving a fuck during manufacturing/QC.

Wow, I guess it's been way too long since I shopped for hand tools, that is a smokin great price if they're US made.  I looked at a few ebay ads and I was able to spot the differences between US and Chinese pretty easily, and the prices reflect it too.  The sellers of Chinesium don't state it, the US versions are clearly stated as such.