CBR1100XX.org Forum

cct for an 06 blackbird

poida

would anyone know why the 2001 to 2007 blackbirds have a different part number for the cct than that of the 97 to 2000's.

im after a new cct for my 06 but it comes up as part number 14520-mat-e22 for the 2001 2007.

the 97 to 2000 is 06140-mat-325.

there is a big cost difference between them.

the 2001 cct is $101.93 and is just the cct,no bolts or gasket. 

the 97 to 2000 is $76.57 with bolts and gasket.

My guess is that they revised the part in '01, but AFAIK they're all interchangeable.  John will know, and can probably supply the latest one for less than the price you found.

4 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

My guess is that they revised the part in '01, but AFAIK they're all interchangeable.  John will know, and can probably supply the latest one for less than the price you found.

John - I believe - sold his inventory to rockmeupto125.

You want the "double dot" version, which I believe is the newer one.   

By the way, it is possible to give an old CCT a new lease of life by adding 1 or 2 turns to the clock spring. To do this, disassemble unit, you will find inside a spring with 10 turns of pretension. Simply reassemble giving it 11 or 12 turns. I say simply, but actually is tricky but doable.

s-l1000.jpg

both part number cct;s have the 2 green dots on them.the pic of the one you posted would be what is listed as the 06140-mat-325 for 97 to 2000 bikes as it is the full kit eg;bolts and gasket included.

the pic that comes up for the 2001 to 2007 is an identical looking one but no bolts or gasket but a higher price.

thing is the cct on my 07 doesn't have the 3to 4000rpm marbles in a can,it's more a buzziness/vibration through the whole rev range. when i wind the spring in the cct back and then release it the motor no longer has the buzz/vibration.that usually lasts for a few days till it comes back.

it had me puzzled to begin with as it felt like i was in a lower gear at around 120kph .ive installed a couple of spare cct's in it that i had for my 99 blackbird and it's  smooth again for a few thousand k's but then the buzz/vibration returns.  

i might just have to try the more expensive one and see if it is somehow different.

Well, you could always install manual tensioner, although it is not an option for everyone. You kind of have to have a clue or engine damage is possible.

Back when I had XX, tensioner went south twice, so I said fuck this shit and went with manual one from APE.

As a matter of fact all my inline 4 bikes had manual tensioners installed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254487759815?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=254487759815&targetid=1263433204014&device=m&mktype=pla&googleloc=9021592&poi=&campaignid=10459842381&mkgroupid=122657840056&rlsatarget=pla-1263433204014&abcId=2146002&merchantid=7965044&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3MyTjd_l8wIVpDY4Ch1eLQREEAQYASABEgKv-fD_BwE

1 hour ago, poida said:

both part number cct;s have the 2 green dots on them.the pic of the one you posted would be what is listed as the 06140-mat-325 for 97 to 2000 bikes as it is the full kit eg;bolts and gasket included.

the pic that comes up for the 2001 to 2007 is an identical looking one but no bolts or gasket but a higher price.

thing is the cct on my 07 doesn't have the 3to 4000rpm marbles in a can,it's more a buzziness/vibration through the whole rev range. when i wind the spring in the cct back and then release it the motor no longer has the buzz/vibration.that usually lasts for a few days till it comes back.

it had me puzzled to begin with as it felt like i was in a lower gear at around 120kph .ive installed a couple of spare cct's in it that i had for my 99 blackbird and it's  smooth again for a few thousand k's but then the buzz/vibration returns.  

i might just have to try the more expensive one and see if it is somehow different.

I wonder if maybe your balance shafts are a little out of synch and the extra pressure of manually manipulating the CCT brings them closer to synch enough to mask it.  I've read the procedure on checking/adjusting them and from memory it wasn't a tough job.  A few people have said that doing it made a noticeable difference in vibration even tho they didn't have a vibration complaint.

24 minutes ago, superhawk996 said:

I wonder if maybe your balance shafts are a little out of synch and the extra pressure of manually manipulating the CCT brings them closer to synch enough to mask it.  

Dude, WTF? 

I won't redicule you, this time, just give you couple hints.

Picture of XX crankshaft. First integral gear on the left is primary drive (clutch), second between 3 and 4 drives balancers. 

Screenshot_20211025-094950_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211025-100231_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, tomek said:

Dude, WTF? 

I won't redicule you, this time, just give you couple hints.

Picture of XX crankshaft. First integral gear on the left is primary drive (clutch), second between 3 and 4 drives balancers. 

Screenshot_20211025-094950_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211025-100231_Chrome.jpg

Shit, I brain farted and forgot that they're gear driven, thanks for fixing my fuck-up.

poida,    "when i wind the spring in the cct back and then release it the motor no longer has the buzz/vibration.that usually lasts for a few days till it comes back"

This is the same as pushing down on the corner of a car and watching it bounce back. It doesn't actually do anything.

As you have extra CCT's why don't you add 1 turn to the clock spring on a spare one?

Fowlers UK shows p/n    05140MAT325  for lifter only    £91.61

14520MATE22   for the kit.       £114.72

Note: this is p/n for all years. 

Edited by fizzy

4 hours ago, fizzy said:

poida,    "when i wind the spring in the cct back and then release it the motor no longer has the buzz/vibration.that usually lasts for a few days till it comes back"

This is the same as pushing down on the corner of a car and watching it bounce back. It doesn't actually do anything.

As you have extra CCT's why don't you add 1 turn to the clock spring on a spare one?

Fowlers UK shows p/n    05140MAT325  for lifter only    £91.61

14520MATE22   for the kit.       £114.72

Note: this is p/n for all years. 

i thought they were pricey in AUS but damn they are expensive in the UK.having a look on honda parts direct ,com  has them listed as the  05140MAT325 $33.12 for the kit and  14520MATE22 $58.04 cct only.

• 3 weeks later...

i ended up buying the 06140-mat-325 for 97 to 2000.

the water pump has decided to leak so have ordered a new one.hopefully i don't have a repeat of the problem i had when changed out the water pump on my 99

5 hours ago, TOXXIC said:

Wasn’t there chatter years ago the X-11 CCT was somehow superior? Think I have a new X-11 some place in a drawer or box

If you do, and want to get rid of it, let me know.