CBR1100XX.org Forum

WEIGHT LOSS

DBLXX

On 9/17/2022 at 8:23 PM, TFT said:

I have never done overhead squats and I'm not sure my knees could handle it. at 74 my knees are not what they used to be. I also tore my right rotator cuff a few years ago so my shoulders aren't in premium condition. I used to do a lot of lunges, single leg squats and barbell squats on smith machine but my knees aren't up to it. Now everything is machines. I do work legs twice a week. 

That looks like a heck of a workout. 

Planet Fitness does not have barbells except in with set weights up to 60 lbs. ( I think that is the limit) What gym do you workout in?

Otherwise you would have to use a smith machine.

This is what i found for overhead squats. 

My neighborhood has 4 really nicely equipped rec centers - I go to one 200 yards from my house. My trainer works there too and the price is pretty reasonable to have her work with me. We got all the iron in here I could ever want.

Its funny you mentioned Smith Press. I have not used one before. She gave me some workouts to do when she isnt around and that included squats on the rack. I couldnt get near either of the squat racks we have but the Smith has open and I used it. I think I like that better - at least at this stage.

I think she's legit going to try and kill me tomorrow.

• Upvote 1