CBR1100XX.org Forum

WEIGHT LOSS

DBLXX

32 minutes ago, lordzarkon said:

Dammmm  I always thought Soylent came in GREEN.  Clever adding chocolate to dead bodies.   :D

Pretty much any meat you eat is a dead body.  Unless you eat them live, of course.  That comes with other complications.

14 hours ago, racer212 said:

its not bad. I question the over all nutritional value but they seem to be working for me.

Cardiologist, Nutritionist my General and a few other doctors in the family all highly recommended it after my Heart Attack.  Works for me too. 

You realize that recommendations are based on what is easy and people might actually do, not what is ideal?  I learned that some years ago when my doctor outright told me why he didn't tell me how to actually solve my joint issues the hard but natural way.  "Yeah, but nobody does it."

4 hours ago, SwampNut said:

Shit's nasty, and it seems about as unhealthy processed as possible.

I'm ignorant about such things so I dont know if your comment was seriously meant. These were recommended by a nutritionist who bought a bike from us - and ive just sort of stuck with them.

On the scale of pork rinds to broccoli, it's far from both.  But certainly farther from a pork ride (zero value).  Whole unprocessed food are still best and ideal.  Drinks and other processed foods are not ideal, but are a better crutch than stopping at McD.  Also, nutritionists come in vastly varying qualities.  Most doctors who specialize in optimal diets agree on all this, that's where I get my info.  These are not my opinions, just learned from so much reading on the topic.

• 2 months later...

So... I went in several months from 240lbs down to 205 - but depsite doing all the same things I'm pretty stuck at 205. I do have a scale that measures body fat and its slllllloooowly coming down even though weight remains the same. I'm doing big league workouts 3+ days a week - cardio heavy and often exceeding 1200 calories in 90 mins. 

I'm frustrated a bit because I really want 5 more pounds - I had set myself a goal to see 199 at least one more time in my life. 

6 minutes ago, racer212 said:

but depsite doing all the same things I'm pretty stuck at 205.

That's how it works.  Probably the top most common complaint/annoyance in trying to lose weight.  The more you weigh, the more energy you use just to maintain it and to move it.  At some point, you have reached input/output parity and stall.  My stall is exactly the same.

Here are the ideas from a couple of nutritionists I follow:

1.  Do a week of super-clean eating.  So a completely plant based, whole food diet for a week or ten days.  No oil, no animal products.

2.  Step up your light to medium movement at the same time.  Not super aerobic or heavy weight, but put in a couple miles of fast walking, or my preference, a few miles of mountain biking or similar.

3.  More water, more fiber, move shit.  Literally.

4.  Off the sodium.  Use potassium chloride if needed.  I can reliably vary my weight by three pounds in a day based on junky salt food intake.

10 minutes ago, racer212 said:

I'm doing big league workouts 3+ days a week - cardio heavy and often exceeding 1200 calories in 90 mins. 

Some nutritionists believe that low calorie eating is for weight loss, not exercise, and to not mix the two.

14 minutes ago, racer212 said:

So... I went in several months from 240lbs down to 205 - but depsite doing all the same things I'm pretty stuck at 205. I do have a scale that measures body fat and its slllllloooowly coming down even though weight remains the same. I'm doing big league workouts 3+ days a week - cardio heavy and often exceeding 1200 calories in 90 mins. 

I'm frustrated a bit because I really want 5 more pounds - I had set myself a goal to see 199 at least one more time in my life. 

The stall happens to me all the time.  What I do... I fast for 2 or 3 days (water only) and put's my body back on track forcing a major calorie deficit and the engine burning again.

4 minutes ago, DBLXX said:

The stall happens to me all the time.  What I do... I fast for 2 or 3 days (water only) and put's my body back on track forcing a major calorie deficit and the engine burning again.

I totally agree with this as a high-value way to restart yourself.  Some people find it "impossible."  Just sticking to plants is a close second best.  But the absolute best?  Fasting 3-5 days and then at least seven days of whole plants only.

• 1 month later...

My goals has been sub 200lbs. Im so fucking close - Yesterday was 200.3lbs. I have sort of shifted to more weight and strength training so that’s probably not helping but I feel like Im looking alot better. 

Valentines Day this year I was in 38 jeans and might have needed bigger. Most of my work dealer shirts were XL and a few double X. 

Had to buy more new clothes in August. 34” jeans are starting to be slack. I bought some size L shirts - had to send two back and get M’s.

Ive also done a ton of therapy and self work upstairs. Getting the mind right. 

Just took an epic 5 day off-roading SxS trip with my best friends in the Colorado mountains end of August. Best part of the trip - getting no shit legit hit on / flirted with by younger woman in a bar we went to. Wonders for the ego and made all of the work this year worth it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, racer212 said:

My goals has been sub 200lbs. Im so fucking close - Yesterday was 200.3lbs. I have sort of shifted to more weight and strength training so that’s probably not helping but I feel like Im looking alot better. 

Valentines Day this year I was in 38 jeans and might have needed bigger. Most of my work dealer shirts were XL and a few double X. 

Had to buy more new clothes in August. 34” jeans are starting to be slack. I bought some size L shirts - had to send two back and get M’s.

Just took an epic 5 day off-roading SxS trip with my best friends in the Colorado mountains end of August. Best part of the trip - getting no shit legit hit on / flirted with by younger woman in a bar we went to. Wonders for the ego and made all of the work this year worth it.

You know you hate me but what you are doing is awesome. 👍

On 9/7/2022 at 5:55 AM, racer212 said:

Great job!! It takes a lot of work and dedication to accomplish this.

How tall are you?

14 minutes ago, TFT said:

Great job!! It takes a lot of work and dedication to accomplish this.

How tall are you?

6'1

BMI scales say I need to drop another 20lbs and its probably right-ish. But I'm stronger, more flexible and move so much easier. I went on an aggressive street ride yesterday and it reminded me how much easier and BETTER I can go fast when Im in better shape for riding too.

I signed up for once a week training with a personal trainer (young, hot, brunette) beginning next week for 10 weeks. Will stay in the gym 3-4x weeks. I'm going to push hard through November and evaluate again. Now I've hit my weight loss goal I'm a bit rudderless on where to go from here.

28 minutes ago, racer212 said:

Now I've hit my weight loss goal I'm a bit rudderless on where to go from here.

I have always thought that maintaining after reaching the goal is the hardest part because it is easy to slip back when life gets busy/tough.  But if you really like the new you, you can do it plus as you age it really makes a difference how you feel.

A guy calls a company and orders their 5-day, 5lbs weight loss program.

The next day, there's a knock on the door and there stands before him a voluptuous, athletic, 19 year old babe dressed in nothing but a pair of Nike running shoes and a sign around her neck..

She introduces herself as a representative of the weight loss company. The sign reads, "If you can catch me, you can have me."

Without a second thought, he takes off after her. A few miles later puffing and puffing, he finally gives up. The same girl shows up for the next four days and the same thing happens. On the fifth day, he weighs himself and is delighted to find he has lost 5lbs as promised.

He calls the company and orders their 5-day/10lbs program. The next day there's a knock at the door and there stands the most stunning, beautiful, sexy woman he has ever seen in his life. She is wearing nothing but Reebok running shoes and a sign around her neck that reads, "If you catch me you can have me".

Well, he's out the door after her like a shot. This girl is in excellent shape and he does his best, but no such luck. So for the next four days, the same routine happens with him gradually getting in better and better shape.

Much to his delight on the fifth day when he weighs himself, he discovers that he has lost another 10lbs as promised. He decides to go for broke and calls the company to order the 7-day/25 lbs program.

"Are you sure?" asks the representative on the phone. "This is our most rigorous program." "Absolutely," he replies, "I haven't felt this good in years."

The next day there's a knock at the door; and when he opens it he finds a huge muscular guy standing there wearing nothing but pink running shoes and a sign around his neck that reads, "If I catch you, you are mine."

He lost 33 lbs that week..

First training session today.

I was feeling pretty confident walking in - knowing what I've been doing and how its been going.

Took about 10mins for her to completely humble me and show me I had a lot of work I could do.

I havent really been doing anything for leg strength - elliptical, some running, some mountain biking. She starts me off trying to evaluate my conditioning. 4 sets of overhead squats (oh fuck!) one legged squats (?!) - shit like that. She had a lot to say about the form I was using for some the exercises I had been doing (goddamn!)

I walked into work a couple hours later with baby giraffe legs. 

Time to take it up a notch I reckon.

On 9/15/2022 at 8:56 AM, racer212 said:

First training session today.

I was feeling pretty confident walking in - knowing what I've been doing and how its been going.

Took about 10mins for her to completely humble me and show me I had a lot of work I could do.

I havent really been doing anything for leg strength - elliptical, some running, some mountain biking. She starts me off trying to evaluate my conditioning. 4 sets of overhead squats (oh fuck!) one legged squats (?!) - shit like that. She had a lot to say about the form I was using for some the exercises I had been doing (goddamn!)

I walked into work a couple hours later with baby giraffe legs. 

Time to take it up a notch I reckon.

I have never done overhead squats and I'm not sure my knees could handle it. at 74 my knees are not what they used to be. I also tore my right rotator cuff a few years ago so my shoulders aren't in premium condition. I used to do a lot of lunges, single leg squats and barbell squats on smith machine but my knees aren't up to it. Now everything is machines. I do work legs twice a week. 

That looks like a heck of a workout. 

Planet Fitness does not have barbells except in with set weights up to 60 lbs. ( I think that is the limit) What gym do you workout in?

Otherwise you would have to use a smith machine.

This is what i found for overhead squats. 

Edited by TFT