CBR1100XX.org Forum

WEIGHT LOSS

DBLXX

Started on a mission March 11th. Nutrisystem kicked me off….

Starting Weight - 287

Today - 187

Want to get to 165 then just tone and build a bit of muscle and get my insides 100% ship shape. 

Love having a WiFi scale.  Step and go. 

Feeling good. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow man 100 lbs down is no joke, we’ll done. 

Do you have before and after pics? I always find them inspirational. 

I took weight loss seriously once about 15 years ago and lost about 75lbs in about a year. When I’d bump into someone I hadn’t seen for awhile sometimes people thought I had been sick. Sometimes they would ask others if I was okay. They don’t say shit now that I’m fat again. Heh. 

Has your skin adjusted? Mine always stayed good but others who lost a lot (quickly) mention having excess skin afterwards. 

Edited by Nova Scotia Mike

• 3 months later...
On 4/1/2022 at 1:46 PM, CALCXX said:

263 -- 14 months ago. Now 219 -- goal 190

Awesome Dave.

Congrats!! 

It is so difficult to start but once you get into the healthy eating and exercising routine it becomes so much easier. 

Losing weight boils down to diet and exercise.

Sounds simple but difficult to do. 

• Upvote 2

Nothing that drastic, but I was 246 at my heaviest now weigh 200.  My secret?

Bought a house.

Couldn't afford to eat out every day.  No diet, no exercise, just eat more sandwiches from home and less food overall.  Started off with the sandwiches, then cut out the soft drinks (made my knees feel 100 times better too) and brought sweet tea in a Powerade bottle from home.  When I did eat fast food, get the normal size instead of large size.  Now the broke part of my life is the norm, even though I make more money now than I did at the dealership.  Only eat fast food maybe twice a week, might splurge and get a pizza once every couple of months or a big-ass hamburger, otherwise it's the $5-6 value menu stuff then I'll eat a sandwich for dinner (because my "big" meal was lunch.)

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2022 at 10:03 AM, Furbird said:

Nothing that drastic, but I was 246 at my heaviest now weigh 200.  My secret?

Bought a house.

Couldn't afford to eat out every day.  No diet, no exercise, just eat more sandwiches from home and less food overall.  Started off with the sandwiches, then cut out the soft drinks (made my knees feel 100 times better too) and brought sweet tea in a Powerade bottle from home.  When I did eat fast food, get the normal size instead of large size.  Now the broke part of my life is the norm, even though I make more money now than I did at the dealership.  Only eat fast food maybe twice a week, might splurge and get a pizza once every couple of months or a big-ass hamburger, otherwise it's the $5-6 value menu stuff then I'll eat a sandwich for dinner (because my "big" meal was lunch.)

Congrats on the weight loss. Carrying less weight is a lot easier on the leg joints. 

Add some exercise/cardio for your heart and you will notice an even greater difference in how you feel. 

On 5/5/2022 at 4:34 PM, racer212 said:

241 on Valentines Day

208 (and falling) falling today. 💪

Great results!

What are you doing to accomplish this? 

On 5/5/2022 at 6:34 PM, racer212 said:

241 on Valentines Day

208 (and falling) falling today. 💪

Awesome. Congrats. 

On 5/6/2022 at 7:16 PM, TFT said:

Great results!

What are you doing to accomplish this? 

Welll.... lol

I had been trying to work out all through COVID. Elliptical a couple hours a week. Stuff like that. Never did anything for diet or anything else. Gained some strength and stamina but never really moved my weight.

Back in February I took a real emotional hit. Really fucked my head up to the point I couldn't sleep. I started with pushing my exercise up significantly - 1:15 in the gym every work day 5-6 days a week - just to be tired enough to sleep. I started seeing some results so decided to tighten down on the diet. For 3 months now Ive kept up the workout routine but eat this:

Breakfast - oatmeal with some sort of fruit. 6oz of OJ (orange juice has always been my drink - sometimes 20+ oz a morning. Tons of carbs!). 1 scoop of GNC protein powder mixed with 1%milk and water. 

Lunch: Solyent Green - 1 bottle. If I'm super hungry I'll have a few unsalted almonds.

Dinner - whatever the fuck I want. If the wife orders pizza I eat that. We started doing HelloFresh though and many of those meals are really good and better for me than the stuff we had been eating. I also try to dial back on the portions a little. Maybe I eat 3 slices of pizza not 4. Stuff like that. I've also completely eliminated soft drinks from my diet except for a very rare diet soda. I used to drink 1-2 cokes every day.

I've been using MyFitnessPal to track calories and exercise. Its not perfect but helps. Typically I've been 1300-1800 calories a day net of exercise. 

The first 20lbs came off as easy as taking off a jacket. The next ten have been slower - and now that my brainfog has started to clear I've found I'm slacking slightly too compared to what I was doing. I'm still losing weight but not nearly at the pace I was. My goal is to continue like I am still I see 199 again - then I'm to shift my fitness into a bit of muscle building phase. I'd like to put on some arm and shoulders etc. 

It could well be the emotional stress I was under at the start contributed to my initial weight loss - but at least it got me on track. I've been riding my mountain bike alot and just did 400 miles of street and dirt on the T7 this past Sunday - I'm moving around much more easily and have better strength/stamina for riding than I have in years.

For perspective - I got married at 28, I worked out hard for 4 month prior to the wedding at was 212lbs that day. Ive slowly gained weight over the last 19 years to hit that 241 mark. That means I'm currently lighter and probably better shape than Ive been since I was 28.

• Upvote 1

I can still get into the same pants that I got into when I was in collage.

It just takes a LOT more money.

6 minutes ago, OMG said:

I can still get into the same pants that I got into when I was in collage.

It just takes a LOT more money.

Lol. Took me a second.

55 minutes ago, racer212 said:

Welll.... lol

I had been trying to work out all through COVID. Elliptical a couple hours a week. Stuff like that. Never did anything for diet or anything else. Gained some strength and stamina but never really moved my weight.

Back in February I took a real emotional hit. Really fucked my head up to the point I couldn't sleep. I started with pushing my exercise up significantly - 1:15 in the gym every work day 5-6 days a week - just to be tired enough to sleep. I started seeing some results so decided to tighten down on the diet. For 3 months now Ive kept up the workout routine but eat this:

Breakfast - oatmeal with some sort of fruit. 6oz of OJ (orange juice has always been my drink - sometimes 20+ oz a morning. Tons of carbs!). 1 scoop of GNC protein powder mixed with 1%milk and water. 

Lunch: Solyent Green - 1 bottle. If I'm super hungry I'll have a few unsalted almonds.

Dinner - whatever the fuck I want. If the wife orders pizza I eat that. We started doing HelloFresh though and many of those meals are really good and better for me than the stuff we had been eating. I also try to dial back on the portions a little. Maybe I eat 3 slices of pizza not 4. Stuff like that. I've also completely eliminated soft drinks from my diet except for a very rare diet soda. I used to drink 1-2 cokes every day.

I've been using MyFitnessPal to track calories and exercise. Its not perfect but helps. Typically I've been 1300-1800 calories a day net of exercise. 

The first 20lbs came off as easy as taking off a jacket. The next ten have been slower - and now that my brainfog has started to clear I've found I'm slacking slightly too compared to what I was doing. I'm still losing weight but not nearly at the pace I was. My goal is to continue like I am still I see 199 again - then I'm to shift my fitness into a bit of muscle building phase. I'd like to put on some arm and shoulders etc. 

It could well be the emotional stress I was under at the start contributed to my initial weight loss - but at least it got me on track. I've been riding my mountain bike alot and just did 400 miles of street and dirt on the T7 this past Sunday - I'm moving around much more easily and have better strength/stamina for riding than I have in years.

For perspective - I got married at 28, I worked out hard for 4 month prior to the wedding at was 212lbs that day. Ive slowly gained weight over the last 19 years to hit that 241 mark. That means I'm currently lighter and probably better shape than Ive been since I was 28.

Emotional stress can do it to you when it comes to weight loss. 

Back in 1991 my girlfriend broke up with me. I had never experienced an emotional hit like that before. In the matter of weeks I went from about 190 to 172. Couldn't sleep, couldn't eat. Keep in mind I'm 6'-2" so that was drastic. I didn't know what was wrong, thought it was a medical issue After doing numerous tests the doctor finally told me "You're depressed." 

I saw a psychologist and a nutritionist. I had been working out consistently prior to the breakup. The nutritionist had me stop doing cardio and then even cut back on weights and put me on a 4000+ calorie a day diet. In a couple of months I gained the weight back.