CBR1100XX.org Forum

(Photos) Whatcha Eatin’ ? (Photos)

DBLXX

16 hours ago, DBLXX said:

Dinner tonight. Lemon stuffed Salmon in the air fryer. Steamed veggies and homemade salsa. 

06880340-7F3B-4D44-B6AE-4FD5DBEBE00F.jpeg

The stuff that comes out of your smoker looks much more appetizing.

18 hours ago, DBLXX said:

Dinner tonight. Lemon stuffed Salmon in the air fryer. Steamed veggies and homemade salsa. 

Looks amazing and very inspiring. I love salmon, and could eat that meal every night.

25 minutes ago, TOXXIC said:

Looks amazing and very inspiring. I love salmon, and could eat that meal every night.

I'm glad you can't put smoked salmon in a needle, particularly that sashimi grade shit at Sam's. 

This will sound weird, but everyone loves this as their top choice for salmon.  "There's no other way to make it."  Make a fruit chutney to top it.  So far the hugest neighborhood hits are mango and green apple, with a bit of lemon juice, cardamom, black pepper, and potassium chloride (or salt if you choose).

• Upvote 1

Mango salsa is overly sweet for food, to me.  That's why I add in the green apples and lemon juice to offset it.  The smoke and the salmon meat further tone it down; oddly smoke seems sweet on pork, but not so much when doing the salmon-chutney mix.

2 hours ago, Zero Knievel said:

How did the spaghettini squash work.  I’ve had it, but I wonder how well it would work in an Italian recipe as you get the spaghetti effect when you start peeling out the “meat” of the gourd.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I don’t pee out solids last I checked. 

9 minutes ago, DBLXX said:

I have no idea what you are talking about. I don’t pee out solids last I checked. 

No...PEAL.  When you scrape the innards of the gourd out, it looks like spaghetti.  I've always wondered if an Italian recipe (like a bake) would come out good substituting this for pasta.

1 hour ago, Zero Knievel said:

No...PEAL.  When you scrape the innards of the gourd out, it looks like spaghetti.  I've always wondered if an Italian recipe (like a bake) would come out good substituting this for pasta.

I'm an idiot.  

Easy....once it baked, microwaved, or air fried you take a fork and sort of poke it, pull it, scrape it... and it totally fluffs up like spaghetti. Yes, works JUST like pasta.

BUT.... if you are expecting it to taste ANYTHING like pasta... that's a HARD NO!  But...it does taste good. 

Tip:  Potato gnochi is 90% real food, 10% processed white, but does give the taste and texture of real pasta shells.  Great with a bunch of squashes and a tomato-garlic sauce that has simmered all day.  Drop the air-fried squash on top just before serving.

Squash tip:  It holds a lot of water, so I sweat it before cooking.  Salt it thoroughly, put in a colander, and let it sit for 20-30 minutes.  You'll see it covered in water and it will actually drip.  Wash the salt off and pat dry on kitchen towels or paper towels, then bake or air fry.

I wish I had access to more culturally interesting plant based foods.  They are rare here.  Just the Americanized, salt and oil filled shit.  I only know one Indian place that does a proper whole food menu, the rest are full of salt and oil.

One Israeli restaurant, and all the kosher places treat white people like niggers.

Yeah, I'm into all of those.  They are good when they are real.  They are not good when doctored up for some perceived American palate.  Thai noodle bowls...veggies, rice noodles, vinegar, tofu, spices...real food.

Med food is mostly whole food, the med diet is pretty much that.