CBR1100XX.org Forum

Stir-fry is easy, flexible, nutritious

SwampNut

One of my easy go-to items, made it today for lunch.  Start the rice about an hour before lunch, and the veggies take 15 minutes to cut up and fry.  It's pretty flexible on items and spices.  You don't even have to be Asian with it, I've done Greek/Med spices too.  Or Italian spices and use potato gnocchi which is 90% real food with a bit of white flour.

For Asian I do use a tiny bit of sesame oil, around 50 calories per serving at most.  It goes a long way.  With others, it's some olive oil.  Using a sprayer is ideal since it makes it go much farther with a smaller amount.  The sprayer linked below gives you around 8-10 calories of oil per spray.  Add in some Chinese five-spice, red pepper, white pepper, sichuan pepper (best), whatever suits you.  Super flexible.  I add some low sodium soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, and garlic.

Veggies choices can vary.  I will use what I have.  Today I had half a bag of broccoli florets, half a head of cauliflower, some French beans, and the remains of some shredded carrots.  And onions, always have onions, they are free nutrition (high nutrient/fulfillment to calorie ratio).

One of the most nutritious rice options is a wild rice blend.  I vary between Lundberg brand and Sprout's house bulk, but I think they are all the same.  Wild rice is not actually rice, it's a different grass.  It's a black stick, but totally different from black rice (forbidden rice).  For Asian dishes I add a bit of coconut butter (whole food, just pureed whole coconut) and ginger, maybe some garlic slices.  For Med flavors I go with saffron, garlic, turmeric, and cumin.  

8325BED8-4737-4207-94A6-AE841BCEA28E_1_105_c.jpeg

This sprayer is a must-have if you'd like to occasionally go ahead and use oil, but keep it as close to real food as possible.  I have one with olive oil and one with sesame.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ORXO9TO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1