CBR1100XX.org Forum

Aftermarket fairings

joblock

I think your gonna have a crap shoot...The ones on the bike in my signature were great but after about 3 years they became brittle and had to be replaced. Same with the following set. Both of them fit great with minimal adjustments needed (slightly opening holes for instance). My last two sets were SHIT!...I had to oblong almost all the holes and stretch and pull to get them mounted.  Good luck

Damn that gravity anyway. 0 mile per hour operator error on the kickstand. when I brought the bike home I took all the plastics off, laid out my spare set of plastics, picked out all the best pieces and set them up on the shelf. I've been riding in it's work clothes so to speak. The nose piece with the next decal and the new right hand lower is still safely on the shelf along with a pretty nice left hand lower and tail section. Considering that nice stock plastic is as common as an honest politician I decided to buy some cheap aftermarket fairings for every day use.

Edited by joblock
  • Upvote 1

That was my second guess.  The kid that bought my other Bird did the same thing, only he went with white fairings.  It looked pretty good, too.  Don't remember what brand he bought, but he said they fit very well for China stuff.  Haven't seen him since before covid.