CBR1100XX.org Forum

Better tool bag?

Zero Knievel

I bought these for my BMW tools as the tool bag I used for the XX was easily double the volume.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LGZ6CW2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They do the job, but as strong as they appear, I’m wondering if something slightly bigger and more durable is available.  I tried a tool roll, but that was too big once rolled up.  I keep looking in stores from time to time, but most tool bags are too big, rigid, or both.  What I’m using is 12.5” x 7” for reference.

What kind of roll you use is going to depend on what tools you're carrying? Basic daily tools for patching a flat, or the I'm-going-across-the-country-and-I-need-several-bike-specific-tools kind of kit?

I bought my current bag to fit the burrito tubes that I had on the previous bike.  It's just fine in other places too though.  I don't think this is worth overthinking.  I don't think rolls have any value at all, and eat up space.  I don't need the tools organized, I don't ride a Harley or a Duc so I rarely need them.  The air compressor and tire plug kit live separately.  If you have room for them, the burrito tubes are really useful.

2D454FDB-99A1-4540-A916-94154B602048_1_105_c.jpeg

F1A7D983-2E86-4B5F-A030-6B0ABCBE911F_1_105_c.jpeg

Something I luckily learned before I really needed it...bikes need different tools.  I took my kit from the old bike and stuck it on the new bike.  When it was time for some maintenance I forced myself to work out of the onboard tools, to make sure it was good.  Something was different, don't recall exactly, but maybe like an axle going from 17mm to 18mm or something subtle like that.  Would suck to find out in the middle of the desert.

• Upvote 1

Those are nice to have.  I bought a few commercially made ones on Amazon, and just put random shit in them.  Everyone should have a couple.

I assume you didn't have a banana, and used the kickstand puck for scale?

• Upvote 1

https://www.reddit.com/r/BananasForScale/

On November 13th, Imgur user TwoBiteBrownie posted an image gallery containing several photographs of a hidden staircase discovered behind a bookshelf (shown below). In one of the photographs, several objects and candy wrappers are shown next to a banana peel, which he explains was put there "for scale" (shown below).

yellow