CBR1100XX.org Forum

93% of Americans are very deficient

SwampNut

In fiber intake.  Averaging around a third of what we should get.  And a large number of people believe that steak has fiber.  WTF!

https://www.eatthis.com/news-93-percent-americans-not-getting-enough-fiber/

"...it may be related to consumption of highly processed foods—which tend to have little to no fiber—compared to plant-based sources. In another recent study, published in the journal mSystems, researchers found that increasing fiber intake to recommended levels through plant foods produced a significant, beneficial change in participants' gut health."

11 minutes ago, Zero Knievel said:

I've said it time and again.  Americans are some of the most obese, malnourished people on the planet.

And it is all self inflicted.

3 hours ago, DBLXX said:

I've taken a fiber supplement for the past 11 years.  Every morning... 

While added fiber is good, there is some decent evidence that whole food based fiber is very critical also.  And a variety of fiber.  People should also be aware that so many fiber supplements are full of sugar.  I really like the one you recommended years ago, but it's 100 calories for 5g fiber, which to me is mildly concerning.  But it's as close as I get to eating a cookie.

Moriah loves these, and again, everyone should consider the calories/sugar too.

https://smile.amazon.com/Rip-Wafels-Non-GMO-Caramel-Vanilla/dp/B073FPZ61K?sa-no-redirect=1

It's one of the least shitty deserts you could go for, however.  

3 hours ago, DBLXX said:

I've taken a fiber supplement for the past 11 years.  Every morning... 

Probably also helps keep you from being hungry for an early lunch.

17 hours ago, DBLXX said:

Post HA - my appetite is gone and so is the joy of eating. I eat when I’m starving - even then I feel guilty. 

The recommendation is to eat small meals about 5 times a day. That way your body doesn't go in to starvation mode and your body will burn fewer calories. 

Have protein bars, nuts, fruits, etc to fill in for eating every few hours. 

21 hours ago, SwampNut said:

In fiber intake.  Averaging around a third of what we should get.  And a large number of people believe that steak has fiber.  WTF!

https://www.eatthis.com/news-93-percent-americans-not-getting-enough-fiber/

"...it may be related to consumption of highly processed foods—which tend to have little to no fiber—compared to plant-based sources. In another recent study, published in the journal mSystems, researchers found that increasing fiber intake to recommended levels through plant foods produced a significant, beneficial change in participants' gut health."

I eat broccoli, brown rice, lots of berries and occasionally a bowl of cereal. Also granola bar pre-workout. 

55 minutes ago, TFT said:

I eat broccoli, brown rice, lots of berries and occasionally a bowl of cereal. Also granola bar pre-workout. 

I started making my own granola.  Amazing... what a difference. 

Tonight - shrimp burgers. YUM !

Air Fried - no oil... and Fuggin AMAZING !

2 minutes ago, DBLXX said:

I’m fucking can’t wait to make them >>

F92C9849-F757-4475-8756-17CAC0B99E33.jpeg

I approve this picture.

BTW, that's one of yogurts I eat, although different flavors or plain. I just throw some berries instead.

I love Siggis... I hate the price but still buy it.  My wife eats the cheap stuff.  Likes it better.

I toss in a little home made granola, blue berries, half a banana, some shit called flax seed and chia.  I don't particularly like either of those...but I eat what I am told. LOL

I know you are a bit of a health nut... so... thank you for approving the picture. 

We hit 5 different farm stands every Sunday... who sell from their farms.  Love fresh shit.

Butter Nut Squash, Butter Not Squash, Fresh Beats, Carrots and Radishes.  LOVE THEM ALL. 

• Upvote 1

The shrimp burgers are simple.

2 slices Dave's famous nutty bread toasted and then mulched up instead of bread crumbs.

Take half the shrimp and blend it to a puree, the other half chunk it.

2 Eggs

Smoked pap, fresh garlic, onion powder, chili powder, a little low salt old bay, and 2 brown eggs.

1 table spoon avacado oil

Make burgers....

Air Fry @ 380 for 15 minutes. 

DAYUM !!!!