CBR1100XX.org Forum

Honda cbx1050

OMG

1 hour ago, blackhawkxx said:

It sounded fantastic to me, about 10K times better than any crossplane crankshaft or v motor.

Well of course, but nobody in his right mind would own either of those goofy ass motors, let alone both of them.

4 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

Well of course, but nobody in his right mind would own either of those goofy ass motors, let alone both of them.

LMAO!!!

Sorry, Tomek. 

On 10/4/2021 at 7:44 AM, RXX said:

I heard tall tales of Bill’s during our trip. Good times.

....the one about Melody borrowing it to go to a softball game. You can't buy that story, you have to live it.

Edited by XXitanium
CBX-owner

3 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

For the record, I like the sound of both, but had to take the easy stab.

Me too.

You do know who is very loud (pun intended) about Teslas around here.

The Tesla has almost the best sound of any vehicle, nearly none.  Even if it wasn't ludicrously quick and comfortable the near silence makes it a winner.  It's possible that I'd get bored of it, but probably not.

13 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

The Tesla has almost the best sound of any vehicle, nearly none.  Even if it wasn't ludicrously quick and comfortable the near silence makes it a winner.  It's possible that I'd get bored of it, but probably not.

I have to admit I prefer sounds that are made with an engine, but being able to fully hear the tires squalling around a corner would also be cool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/4/2021 at 5:49 PM, superhawk996 said:

For the record, I like the sound of both, but had to take the easy stab.

And the acetone?

I tried to buy a CBX about 15 years ago. Beautiful low mileage CBX stored in an out building with a layer of dust on it.

He started it stone cold and it ran like an electric motor. Perfect. I made him an offer that I thought was fair 15 years ago. 

The old guy got all butt hurt and said it was his Sons that died in a car wreck. oops He more or less kick me off his property.

My bad.